Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

charliejack
Beginner October 2014

Wash hair the morning of the wedding?

charliejack, 13 of July of 2014 at 15:19 Posted on Planning 0 24

Bit of a no brainer really as i have long fine hair which doesnt hold a curl for long. I wash it every other day and condition only a couple of those times as it weighs my hair down.

only problem is the second day my head feels skanky and i cant wait to wash it, tho i use dry shampoo on the non wash days

just wondered what everyone is doing and if anyone has tips on how to keep hair feeling fresh, esp on the wedding day. I have my trial this saturday so will wash it friday and see how it goes saturday xx

24 replies

Latest activity by LittleSnowflake, 16 of July of 2014 at 21:51
  • SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

I'm washing my hair on the morning but I'm not having an up do or a headpiece that requires non slippy hair. I grew up in Scotland but have lived in England for 5 years so my hair has got used to the hard water down here and then when I went home last week for six week prep I found the softer water didn't give the same 'washed' effect 24 hours after washing! (I may have got the hard and soft waters mixed up).

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm washing mine on the morning. I had my trial a few weeks ago and washed and dried it in the morning and the hair dresser was ok with me washing my hair. Could you wash it on the morning of trial just to see how it works?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

My hair is very dry and thick and goes very fluffy and frizzy when freshly washed. So I'll do what I always do for a special event - wash the day before, straighten it and sleep on it. Then it'll have enough natural oils to hold my style on the day. I'm doing my own hair, so I don't have to worry about anyone else handling it!

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for replying ladies.

My hairdresser would prefer doing It the day after a wash tho she said if I didn't feel comfortable then wash it but don't put any product on. But it is too soft in the length when washed and yet greasy at the roots when not washed!

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Wash as late as possible the night before?

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes that might work could try it for the trial. Thank you Xx

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

First time round I washed my hair the night before (at about 11pm as I'd been running around like a mad thing all day!) and my hairdresser was really annoyed with me and said I shouldn't have washed it so close to the day as it wouldn't hold the style. She used almost a whole can of hairspray on it and it was still falling out by the end of the wedding breakfast. Luckily I had a fabulous photographer who photoshopped out the stray bits!

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content

I'm lucky that I'm using my usual hair dresser who is a mobile hair dresser, and said that nearer the time instead of doing an actual trial every time she comes to do my hair she'll just try a different style to see what I like best, so all my trials will be done on freshly washed hair. This is mega important to me because like you my hair gets greasy at the roots quite quickly (I've built a rod for my own back now as I wash it every morning because by the end of the day its washed it already starts to get greasy and there's no way I could do 2 days on it!) If a style can't hold in my hair after its just been washed then its no use to me as a wedding style!

• Charb4990
    Beginner September 2015
    Charb4990 ·
    • Hide content

Coming from a hairdressers point of view, hair up holds SO much better on a day unwashed hair and is much less flyaway resulting in a better up do x

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

My hair is really thick and I am having it put up. My hairdresser has told me to wash it the night before and straighten it if I want to.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

I have thick super long hair, and it seem nicer and softer when I wash it in the evening and sleep on it damp, plus, I can take my time in a nice bubble bath the night before, rather than rushing around in the morning :-) I like the idea of rolling out of bed and just putting on some war paint :-)

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I'm very jealous that you can sleep on damp hair and have it look okay the next day. If I go to sleep with wet hair, I wake up looking like someone's Auntie Sandra.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, sometimes I have to spend a bit of extra time taming my bangs!

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Wow very lucky to be able to wash it and sleep on it, will have to try that xx

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

Ditto! Its not even just frizzy and aray, it somehow gets pointed and jaggerdy.... Hard to describe!

My hair is far too fine for up do anwyay so keeping mine down, but i prefer it down for "dos" and such. Hope to have extensions in the length so that I can have a side tumble of curls but not even researched that yet and may be out of budget..........

• MrsGreen-27/9/14
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsGreen-27/9/14 ·
    • Hide content

My hair is exactly the same it gets greasy really quickly & I was worrying what I should do for the best. I'm having half up, half down do & my hairdresser said the same not to wash it on the day. If I wash it & sleep on it without drying I look like a crazy cave woman with it sticking up all over the place, plus I'm not a morning person so I sound like one too!! When I have my trial I'm going to try washing it before bed but will dry it with my head upside down to try & give it some volume.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

I'll be washing mine the night before, my hair goes insane when I wash it so I need to sleep on it to calm it down! Only having it straightened for the wedding so it doesn't need to hold a style as such.

• smilesjp
    Beginner July 2015
    smilesjp ·
    • Hide content

I'm washing mine. I have oily skin which results in greasy hair if I leave it too long. I love the feeling of fresh washed hair anyways.

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

Snap on the hair front! I even had heated curlers in for 3 hours, half a can of hairspray and a curling wand used and it STILL fell out within an hour.

My stepdaughter to be / hair dresser and said that the absolute latest I can wash my hair in Friday morning (for a saturday ceremony).

She has said she will be "ruining" my hair to make it stay curled. We are using a lot of root boost and mouse to try help the curls stay and she is looking into something called fairy dust that her nan suggested.

I'm not worried about it feeling crap on the day (which is generally does on the 2nd day) as it will be curled and pulled back so I won't be running my hand through it every 5 minutes.

• hjc87
    Beginner September 2015
    hjc87 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely washing mine the morning of the wedding, it needs to last all day without looking greasy, so washing it in the morning gives it the best chance! Thinking of doing the half up, half down too...?

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I washed mine the night before, let it dry went to sleep then straightened it in the morning.

Hair stylist gave some bits a run over with straighteners and I had an updo.

She used a powder rather than hairspray and my hair sat fine all day. My hair is quite soft and fluffy when just washed so prefer it the next day, but the hair stylist would have probably sorted that anyway, I think good stylists can work with anything so might not matter too much Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrstobe2014 ·
    • Hide content

This thread has just answered my questions haha Smiley smile

I'm gonna wash mine the night before xxx

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ive not heard of a powder, would it be a hairdresser thing or can you buy it xx

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I will most likely be washing the night before, trying to straighten or do infact anything with my hair the same day it's been washed is extremely impossible, it goes frizzy and thick and I get soo frustrated and then I stamp my feet and scream!! Haha!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics