Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner December 2010

Wax seal stamp

car822499, 24 August, 2010 at 22:57 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi all!

I'm looking for a stamp to be able to wax seal my invites (on a card band though so the seal doesn't have to be broken). Does anyone know of anywhere that I can choose 2 initials to go on the stamp. The cheapest I've seen is £25 and I'm not sure if it's going to work so it's a lot of money to just test it out.

Thanks,

Car. x

10 replies

Latest activity by car822499, 25 August, 2010 at 13:44
  • C
    Beginner December 2010
    car822499 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo, that's very reasonable. I don't know if I can wait 4 weeks though! I'm really impatient ?

Thanks for the info.

Car. x

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Just to let you know before you waste your money, wax seals will break in the post, by the time it gets to your guest it will look like shattered wax and can bump the postage up too.

• C
    Beginner December 2010
    car822499 ·
    • Hide content

I had thought about them breaking which is why I just wanted to test it (post to myself). I was thinking about putting a square of bubble wrap over it. Failing that, I can stamp on the place cards. It just links in with our castle theme. Not much of a theme though, we have a picure of a fairystory castle on our save the dates and invites and are planning to name the tables after castles we've visited. But really I just think it's because I've always wanted a wax seal, he he.

Car. x

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

It would look good used on the name place cards! Ooh are you getting married in a castle? Me too!

• C
    Beginner December 2010
    car822499 ·
    • Hide content

No ☹️ unfortunately not. Our night do is next to Durham Castle if that counts. We did look at Durham Castle but it was far too big for the numbers we will be having so we decided on one of the other colleges that make up the university. They are still gorgeous buildings, seeped in history and architecture. We just both like castles and the history and stories that surround them (hence having been to a lot). So which castle are you getting married in?

Car. x

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I love old historic buildings too, we are getting married at Whittington Castle and having our evening reception in a building which was a Holy Trinity Church until the 1960s, it still looks like a church inside and out apart from no pews obviously lol.. I'm so happy with both my venues.

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I have one. I brought it many years ago as a blank in WH Smith for about £3.00

and then had it engraved at my local key cutting centre.

• C
    Beginner December 2010
    car822499 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow!! The castle looks fab!! Our day reception is in an old chapel complete with organ and stained glass. The story goes that St Hilds used to be the girls chapel and St Bede the boys. Now the colleges have merged, St Bede is still a chapel (where we're getting married) and St Hild is now a function room.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics