Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2022 Oxfordshire

We just booked our September 2021 honeymoon, are we mad?

Happyorangeconfetti19696, 14 of December of 2020 at 21:24 Posted on Planning 1 20
How's everyone feeling for their weddings from July 2021 onwards?

I'm feeling quite positive so far given all the vaccine news. Especially with 50/60 day guests and 100 night guests we have, I'm hopeful it'll be good news for Easter onwards. What's your thoughts?

20 replies

Latest activity by Carol, 8 of January of 2021 at 13:47
  • N
    Beginner April 2021 South West London
    Nel ·
    • Hide content
    Ours is April 2021 but abroad.... not sure if we are mad or just too optimistic.

But we all have to stay positive! Especially with the new vaccines and more test and trace, let’s hope we can go back to some what a normal life and be able to join life a little bit more.
  • N
    Beginner August 2021 Warwickshire
    NellyNiff ·
    • Hide content

Hi! We are getting married in June 21 after postponing from July this year, and like you are starting to feel more positive. We have 80 day guests but I would be happy with 50/60 after the year we have had! I seem to swing between feeling like I want to go full steam ahead with planning again, and then massive feelings of doubt that we will get our day, but definitely more positive than I was a few months ago. So much has changed already, I hope once we get into the new year things will progress even further. Good luck with your day!

• N
    Beginner April 2021 South West London
    Nel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! You too!

I am positive the new year will bring some new ways forward. And I think deciding to go ahead gives people something to look forward to after the year we’ve just had!
  • N
    Beginner August 2021 Warwickshire
    NellyNiff ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Couldn't agree more, it feels so nice to talk to other brides who have decided to push ahead next year come what may. After such a horrible year, we all need some joy - and what better joy is there than a wedding!? We will all have the best days when we get there, and I honestly think it will be all the sweeter for everything that we have endured to get to our marriages. Smiley heart

• H
    Beginner May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Happyorangeconfetti19696 ·
    • Hide content
    Sometimes we feel like we're the only ones who haven't gone for 2022. We feel awful for everyone who's already rescheduled and should be married by now. Best of luck to both of you and you have the weddings of your dreams by the time it comes around!
  • T
    Beginner November 2021 West Central London
    Tracey ·
    • Hide content
    Well we’re getting married 1st May 2021 & I’m positive, working as a nurse surely we have to be done by Easter! Xx
  • Dancingdee
    Beginner September 2021 Dordogne
    Dancingdee ·
    • Hide content
    We're booked sep 2021!! In France haha feeling very positive and our guest list is only about 30 anyway ♡♡♡
  • E
    Curious July 2021 Hertfordshire
    ExpensiveGreenCakes49831 ·
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married July 2021 and planning a honeymoon for August 2021. We’re limited to times as my fiancé is a teacher!

I feel optimistic that life will be normal by then. We may not be able to have 128 guests but hopefully we’ll be able to have at least 80 by then.

• T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m also May 2021!! I go through periods of feeling optimistic and periods of feeling like we’ll still be in quite a restrictive tier/lockdown at that stage.... still planning as if it’s happening but also aware we may need to postpone. Just a shame it takes the excitement out of it (for me!).
  • S
    Curious September 2021 Surrey
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in November at the start of lockdown 2.0 and booked for April 21. We both work in healthcare and are choosing to be optimistic about the whole thing. So many people think were crazy.
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re April -21 too! Fingers crossed for us all
  • S
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha. We chatted before, I think we're the same date. I refuse to let this whole thing get me down. Although it's very difficult organising anything when shops, bridal boutiqued and beauty salons are all closed. I'm thinking I'm going to have to DIY everything.
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    24th?
    I know what you mean - my dress fitting was delayed till Jan because London moved into tier 4.
    There is not a single chance of my being able to diy so really need restrictions to lift .On a related note my mum and step mum are nurse and doctor respectively and they feel confident in our date so I’m keeping faith in that
  • S
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes 24th. Harsh measures now mean it's more likely for April, plus vaccine roll outs. We have to go back to normal at some point.

I dont even have a dress ?
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    ??????????
    Don’t worry January is more than enough time. I bought mine on the 31st then we went into lockdown 2.0. Apparently I get 3 fittings the final two will be towards end of March.
    That is to say don’t stress, enjoy Christmas and in 4 months 4 days we’ll be brides ??
  • S
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hadn't started counting. Now I need to.
  • M
    Beginner June 2021 Staffordshire
    Marie ·
    • Hide content
    We too have decided to push forward for June 2021, quite a small wedding but hoping to be able to have more at an evening reception, nobody really knows but the venue are hopefull things will be pretty much back to some normality by next summer! Let's hope so!
  • M
    Beginner May 2021 Lothian & Borders
    May 2nd 2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am May 2021 too and this is exactly how I feel!! All the excitement has totally been taken away as with every step in the back of my mind its like there is no point as it wont happen. I go through such ups and downs, currently in a major down and considering post poning. I just think there is no right answer! I just bought bridesmaid dresses ad bridesmen suits. I am worried May 2021 wont look good but just a few months down the line could be dramatically better?!

• T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello, sorry for the late reply to this! I think for us we have decided we will just have to wait and see how the next couple of months pan out and decide in mid March. Not ideal, as it could mean either a last minute rush to book certain suppliers (we haven’t booked things like a cake or DJ yet because it’s all so uncertain!!), or postponing and taking any date we can that’s still available at our venue. The main thing is we can have the legal marriage ceremony in May. The party at our venue can be another time if necessary; guests would understand!
  • C
    Beginner August 2023 Florida
    Carol ·
    • Hide content

You've made the right decision. I'm sure come September, we will all be holding our glasses of wine and celebrating outside of our homes, free of fear or guilt caused by this pandemic. Cheers!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics