Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lili Donkey
Beginner July 2006

Wearing black tights in summer - yay or nay?

Lili Donkey, 22 of August of 2009 at 11:44 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 10

I can't decide?!

I've got a big night out tonight. swanky restaurant, nice bars - all in London Town. I haven't been out on a 'big one' for ages and feel very out of the loop ? I dragged H around Lakeside twice last week, spent hours on the internet and couldn't find anything I liked that fit me properly, I'm in-between 2 sizes and it was a nightmare.

Eventually found a nice dress in Oasis, it's a mid blue with a lighter blue, black and purple design - sounds horrid but looks quite nice. It's got cap sleeves so great for taking the edge off my bingo wings and with a belt it (according to H) flatters my body shape, which is quite un-shapely at the moment!

I was planning to wear it with black leggings but having tried it with black tights it looks a little more glam and my legs look better - I mentioned what I was wearing to a friend yesterday and she was horrified I was planning to wear black tights as it's summer - what says Hitched?

10 replies

Latest activity by Evil Yoda, 22 of August of 2009 at 14:15
  • Evil Yoda
    Beginner June 2005
    Evil Yoda ·
    • Hide content

It's a no from me too. I am horrified when I see people wearing black tights at the moment. There'll be plenty of time to wear them in the coming months ?

Embrace the summer......slap on some fake tan and towering heels and you'll look fab.

• Lili Donkey
    Beginner July 2006
    Lili Donkey ·
    • Hide content

I can't do bare legs - actually I can't do towering heels either so maybe I'm just a lost cause ?

Hmmm, I might have to drag H out again after qualifying for a new pair of leggings.....

I hate going out, so tempted to cancel - I hate the effort, the planning etc. I much prefer unexpected nights out where I don't spend hours worrying about what to wear, what I look like etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't go out in jeans & trainers but I'm much happier dressed as 'me' - summer dresses with leggings and pumps and so on. I just know I'm going to be on edge tonight surrounded by 'beautiful people' all young and trendy, a harsh reminder of what I used to be ? I feel like opening the vodka now ?

• Luthien
    Beginner June 2007
    Luthien ·
    • Hide content

If you're out and about on a hot sunny day, maybe not - but if they go with the outfit, and you're out in the evening, why not?

You don't stop wearing trousers in the summer, so why stop wearing tights when appropriate?

• Evil Yoda
    Beginner June 2005
    Evil Yoda ·
    • Hide content

If you prefer to wear a summer dress, leggings and pumps then wear that. You don't have to get 'dressed up'. Your preferred outfit sounds lovely.

I'm the other way to you in that I prefer to get dressed up, so I could go to the local with my friends who are all jeans, t-shirts and trainers and I would be wearing a skirt, heels and lovely top.

Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. I personally wouldn't wear black tights in the summer but if it's going to make you feel better, then as Luthien says, why not?

?

• Diefenbaker
    Beginner September 2008
    Diefenbaker ·
    • Hide content

There's not much difference between black leggings and tights though is there - one has feet and the other doesn't!

Not sure what the weather's like where you are but I wouldn hardly class this as 'summer' either. I went out bare legged last night and was frankly quite chilly. I also think tights are smarter than leggings.

Wear what you feel most comfortable in!

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

Treat yourself to a lovely maxi dress if you want to cover your legs

• Hyacinth
    Beginner
    Hyacinth ·
    • Hide content

I often wear black tights in the summer- after all its often not that hot ?

In your case, in the evening, I would. I *think* I know the dress you mean and I think it looks much nicer with black tights than bare/ flesh coloured.

• lmsunshine99
    Beginner August 2004
    lmsunshine99 ·
    • Hide content

I definitely would, surely wearing black tights depends on the outfit you are wearing when it comes to an evening out? I can understand not wearing black tights during the day on a red hot summers day but even the warmest summer evening can get a bit chilly later on in this country!

• Zebra
    Beginner
    Zebra ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS.

• Lili Donkey
    Beginner July 2006
    Lili Donkey ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all - I'm going to take both (getting ready at my Mums) and will see how I feel before I go out, I just don't want people looking at me strange ?

Gah. I need to stop worrying and just get on with it - making mountains out of molehills, I feel sick and I know it's all so stupid. I've been to a couple of the places we're going before with work, dressed in my summer dress and pumps and had a lovely time, but because tonight isn't work, and I know the girls I'm going with will be glammed up and all slim and lovely I'm putting far too much pressure on myself - I've booked to have my make-up done which is so OTT but at it will make me feel better about myself.

Working myself up into a panic over something so silly and a night which I know will be fab, is stupid - I'm always doing this which is why I never go out with friends other than for a bite to eat anymore.

Spring, I'd love to wear a maxi but I just about hit 5ft so they look silly!

• Evil Yoda
    Beginner June 2005
    Evil Yoda ·
    • Hide content

Have a lovely evening ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics