Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chucklevision
Beginner July 2015

wearing leggings as bottoms....

Chucklevision, 25 October, 2014 at 00:39 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 73

So walking home from the train station this evening, I was walking behind a girl who was wearing leggings as trousers. Not only could I see a massive hole in the inner thigh area ( I was walking behind her up some stairs not deliberately perving) in them but they were also see through!

It seems to have become the fashion but I often notice the leggings are see through.

I keep quiet but Does anyone overwhelming need to tell them their pants are on show? X

73 replies

Latest activity by Mat, 26 February, 2023 at 14:45
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Daily. I work next to a college and it takes a lot of strength not to shout at them each morning.

'I can see your foof!' 'I've known my best friend for 26 years and I don't know her arse as well as I know yours!' 'Put a fucking skirt on!'

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I would be so embarrassed if I found out I the bits I were trying to cover were on show. Leggings are fine underneath dresses but not as an alternative to trousers.x

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Personally I hate them, even worn under dresses! Too often I see the underwear of women I have never met, or worse, that they aren't wearing underwear ?

Bend over in a dress and everything is on show and unless you are prepared to spend decent amounts of cash on them, they will be see through. Primarni leggings are just thick tights!!

I have never worn a pair and never will!!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I love wearing leggings and boots in the winter, but your top/dress needs to cover your arse! I see some women who wear them to the gym?! Wtf is that all about? Not only can I see your pants, I can see exactly how your arse moves when you run! Urgh.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hence the reason I have RUNNING leggings. They're lycra and thick and expensive!

I too hate leggings as trousers. I'm sat in the office at the moment with the resident chubba who is wearing leggings, a strap top and a cardi. Fine, the cardi covers her arse, but I can see the hearts on her pants at the front.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Urgh, another favourite of mine, inappropriate underwear! no one needs to see the colour of your bra or pants!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is her size relevant to her outfit? Or were you just throwing in a bit of casual fat-shaming for lolz? I wonder if you'd refer to me that way if I worked in your office.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Considering the leggings are about 3 sizes too small I think her size is relevant.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

IMO, I think leggings should be worn as alternatives to tights and should be treated like that. Ie, don't have your bum and front bum out as you run the very high risk of them being see-through and everyone seeing your bits!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wear them for comfort, but I wouldn't inflict my backside on anyone so wear them with proper dresses.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Now I am one for leggings- I do however only wear them with a long vest top to cover the arse and chuff area fully. I don't wear them with dresses because thats what tights are for.

As for the "chubba" comment- I think this harks back to um favorite type of argument. Fat shaming (which I hate as a term as it just sounds so bloody american) is frowned upon, rightly so as we should really be commenting on anyone weight IMO however there inst really a thin shaming counter argument (as far as I am aware of anyhoo). Its all good to refer to that stick insect in your office but not to the overweight girl- confusing.

Gah.I could get right on the soapbox with this one.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I've known people to play netball in them?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

**wears leggings in the gym and wonders what cardinal sin she has committed?**

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I think I'm going to start telling people, surely its no different to telling someone their jumpers in side out. Do you think I'll get punched in the face?

Skinny Minnie or chunky monkey ( I def fall into the latter), if I can see your pants & foof it's still a really bad look.

Mini -so long as your foof & bum can't be seen it should be OK. Xx

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There definitely is a skinny shaming counter argument and I've seen it many times (I could probably find links). I personally wouldn't comment on anyone's weight because its not my business. I can't even with this culture of body snarking, no matter who it's aimed at. If this thread topic was "wearing leggings when you're over a certain size", the comment would have been relevant. I mean that would be highly problematic on many more levels, but at least it would have been on topic.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Hate it. I love leggings and jumper dresses in winter, but detest leggings worn with short tops. Looks horrendous to see the outline of your vagine.

I once saw a girl in a short top and beige leggings - everyone was gawking, including me, as she looked naked from the waist down!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here. Always have a long top to cover my bum on or a dress. Never ever leggings and a short top, I'd feel 'on display' if I did!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pompey made relevance to her collegues size, the thread wasn't started with the idea in mind to discuss size by chucklevision, it was to discuss how *** it looks when people of any size wear leggings as trousers.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

We're talking about leggings. My main issues with them is:

1) people wear them as trousers

2) people wear the wrong size

It really riles me that people are so oversensitive about weight. How can it be acceptable to say to one person "OMG you're so skinny, eat something" and not the opposite?

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

No matter what size you are, you have to dress for your size. I'm within the "healthy" BMI range (admittedly the high end) and I would never wear a crop top because my flabby belly would be hanging out. Similarly, if I had a massive arse I wouldn't wear tight leggings.

I can only wear cotton tights (I find tight synthetic fabrics really uncomfortable) so I wear leggings as tights with a dress/long jumper and boots a lot. Leggings are not trousers. I don't want to see anyone's camel toe.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

I think these 2 photos cover it - or more to the point, don't!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I have put my leggings on today, and a nice long tunic dress! No one will be able to tell me my arse is hanging out

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I reiterate: it is not acceptable. Using nasty language to deride someone's body is not acceptable full stop. Talk about leggings all you like but don't expect to slip in snarky little asides about people's weight and not be challenged on it.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To make it clear, I did not direct it at you. This oversensitivity, whilst sweet that you feel you need to defend her is unnecessary.

This lady at work also often refers to herself as chubby, happily saying things such as 'this is why I'm so fat' when she has a biscuit from the tin.

Next time someone has a pop at short people I'm going to kick the f*ck off.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Like other people on here l treat leggings like l would tights. So they are only worn under dresses etc. I doubt anyone wants to see my arse and l don't want to see anyone else's. Its nasty when you can see the knickers eugh

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I never thought it was about me. Why would I? But when you insult one person in a category you hurt them all. Just like if I have a pop at some other short person I know, you admit you'll kick off. Not that I would.

You dont get to tell me when its okay for me to be sensitive, I'm afraid. Not that this is sensitivity so much as just annoyance. I get annoyed when people are body shamed and angry when our culture allows that to exist, no matter how seemingly small and ineffectual the remark. And I'll continue to feel that way.

She's allowed to refer to her own body however she likes - that's called bodily autonomy. Like queer people, she can own that description. But you using that language with no prior context comes off as nasty and derisory. If you can't see that... *shrugs*

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I love my leggings (especially my Marvel comic print ones, they're ace), but i'd never wear them as trousers.

I wear them under skirts and dresses (hate tights).

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good lord, the short people comment was sarcastic. I am short, it's a fact so if someone says 'oh, the short person over there' to describe me, I won't get offended because it's true. Short people are short, tall people are tall, skinny people are skinny and fat people are fat.

maybe the word chubby wasn't the right word to use, but sadly seeing someone's camel toe and hearty pants, especially when they're wearing leggings about 4sizes too small is disgusting.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I agree about seeing people's pants! And for the record, I don't wear leggings as trousers and never would. I don't wear them much outside the house at all these days, cos I feel like I'm getting a bit old for the look...I dunno. With dresses, I think tights look much nicer. The size thing...I never buy clothes that are too small, but I totally understand that psychology of wanting to believe something fits you. Especially if your size means mainstream stores just don't cater to you. That's sucky.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I particularly enjoyed seeing my male friend dancing around our friends living room in leggings (with a short short t-shirt) last night. There was a while new world of camel to see.

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

I live in leggings at the moment as none of my maternity jeans fit, and dresses are uncomfortable or make me look a million times bigger. However, only with long tops. They must cover my bump,,bum and foof. Severally maternity tops have been slung aside as they are now too short once over my bump to cover my bum. Leggings as trousers with a shirt top? No.

there is a few girls in my exercise classes who wear leggings, but cheap ones and I get to see the colour of their knickers, the outline of their thong (snd therefore the delightful sweat patch around said thong) and every movement their bum cheeks make. Not a good look!!

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

The fashion here with high school girls seems to be a tiny top with leggings that go right up the bum crack (for want of a better way to say it..) so you see EVERYTHING. One fashion that I hope dies very very quickly. At least they're wearing the right size, but seriously I don't think anyone wants to see right up their bums.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics