Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Woody13
Beginner July 2013

wearing red as a wedding guest?

Woody13, 22 of February of 2014 at 10:22 Posted on Planning 0 11

My brother is getting married. His wedding is going to be quite a big affair. I have fallen in love with a red maxi dress. I don't want to offend anyone though, might it come across that I'm trying to 'stand out' too much? (I'm definitely not like that and would hate to come across like that!). At my own wedding people wore red, but midi dresses.

11 replies

Latest activity by RLB, 22 of February of 2014 at 20:14
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I don't see anything wrong with wearing red at all. If it was a red wedding dress- at someones wedding, that's another thing, but an evening, maxi dress, no problems at all. Everyone will know who the bride it.

I'd be more annoyed with people wearing black, when there are so many lovely colours available. Its a personal thing. (I know lots of people do & think its fine, but I would never wear black to a wedding)

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

I think there might have been one or two guests in red at my wedding but I didn't notice and the only think that would have offended me would have been someone turning up in white or ivory. If you're worried, could you ask them in advance? (I am reminded of friends' wedding, when a guest wore a very, very revealing fluorescent pink dress. She turned a few heads/stomachs but even that would've been forgiven if she hadn't come on to the groom.)

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I think red looks lovely! Someone wore a red maxi dress to our wedding. I think she teamed it with a white cardi etc. Looked lovely.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Someone I know said something to me last year when she was getting married about wearing red to a wedding but to be honest it hadn't even crossed my mind that it could be seen to be a bit bold or rude. Funnily enough this girl told me the other day that she was wearing a short white dress with a red jacket to a wedding next month... So although she would be annoyed if someone wore red to her wedding last year she thinks it's ok for her to wear it to someone else's!

It wouldn't bother me if someone wore red to my wedding. I'd rather someone wore a nice bright colour than come head to toe in black.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I wore red to my brothers wedding & didn't think anything of it, was a knee length one with a white cardi.

There were a couple of other guests in red if I remember right and don't think they thought anything of it, I certainly won't if anyone wears it to mine and my BM dresses are red.

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's fine but then I think wearing white is fine - lets be honest no one can out do the bride!!

• Woody13
    Beginner July 2013
    Woody13 ·
    • Hide content

What a relief, I can get that gorgeous red dress! Thank you for the comments.

I know personally I thought I'd be horrified at anyone who wore white but on the day, but when it came to it I couldn't care less. However I did consider rugby tackling a family member out of the photos who wore JEANS!

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

I wore this to my friends wedding :

( awful awful pic of me but best way to show you the dress! Ps that's the brides bouquet not mine lol)

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

Full length pic z

• bamboo
    Beginner September 2014
    bamboo ·
    • Hide content

Red is fine as long as it doesn't look like a red wedding dress. The only colour I would have a problem with is white.

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    RLB ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't see any problems with wearing red as a guest - it's a celebration after all so colour any bright colour is welcome! I'd prefer people not to wear white to my wedding, but wouldn't mind if it had a pattern on it - although, saying that I will probably be too happy to care on the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics