Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dianne
Beginner September 2022 Argyll

Website rsvp

Dianne, 7 of December of 2021 at 12:15 Posted on Feedback to Hitched 0 6

I have 2 guests that have the same first and surname. And some that have the same first and surname that starts with same letter Smiley xd It would save so much confusion if the RSVP search showed full names. Why does it only show the first letter of the surname?

Also, would the only way to distinguish be via who there linked guest is?

6 replies

Latest activity by Suriya, 29 of October of 2022 at 21:11
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

It is a a pain, we have 4 with the same name and initial of surname! someone else asked the question and hitched replied saying is something to do with DP or GDPR!?! We told our guests to search with their first and last name in to the search function as this should just bring them up. When they select they will then see all the linked guests in the RSVP so yes that would help if you have 2 people with the exact same name, but as I said if they search their full name this should not bring up anyone else

• Dianne
    Beginner September 2022 Argyll
    Dianne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh I see, I suppose that does make some sense if its GDPR related!? Yes just a bit annoying but ways around so that's ok. Thank you Smiley smile

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is a bit of an odd one really but yes you can get round it, is just a pain!

• C
    Beginner June 2022 Nottinghamshire
    Carrie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hiya - I’ve noticed on my website that if a guest searches with their first name it finds them, but if they search with their first name and last name it returns 0 results - don’t suppose you’ve struggled with that on your website at all please? Thank you
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no sorry not one I have seen am afraid. I guess if they do just surname it is more likely to only show them, if that makes sense
  • S
    Beginner July 2023 Sorrento
    Suriya ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone found a way around this! Currently trying to add "plus one" guests to my RSVP and guest list and I am struggling Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics