Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jane
Curious November 2022 Suffolk

Website to ask for money instead of gifts?

Jane, 23 of March of 2022 at 22:21 Posted on Planning 1 7
So we decided we don’t need anything for our house ergo did not make a registry. However, if guests and family would like to give us a gift id like to give them that opportunity as well. we do prefer it to be cash to help pay for the wedding/fund the honeymoon. What website have you/anyone used that can collect money and allow the guest to leave a little note? and less fees if possible.

7 replies

Latest activity by Jalyn, 18 of August of 2023 at 10:17
  • xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content

We have a gift registry with prezola.com but they also allow guests to leave just money/honeymoon contributions if you'd rather. And it's free

• T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    All of those websites that charge for cash are such a waste! As Noreen has suggested PayPal is a great option, or even just give bank details! As a guest I’d prefer to do PayPal/bank transfer and for my friends to receive the whole amount I sent rather than some website taking some…!
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We have set up a bank account for our honeymoon fund as we didnt like the idea of these sites that charge the guest a fee, and also the money is not poriotected if they go bust. We added a note to our invites as follows:

We have been asked about a gift list, but as we have been together for 5 years we have already accumulated quite a life together and do not need anything. If you feel you would like to gift us with more than your presence, a contribution towards our honeymoon would be greatly appreciated. We have set up a bank account and we will be happy to share the details with you. However, what we really hope for is that we get to celebrate our special day with you.

• Jane
    Curious November 2022 Suffolk
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies.. i really wanted a website to make it easier for people to give if they wanted to but yes i agree that fees are a bit annoying.
  • James
    Greater Manchester
    James ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I understand your desire to receive cash gifts to help fund your honeymoon. Many websites allow guests to give monetary gifts and leave a note, but the fees can vary. One option to consider is Zola. They offer a cash fund feature allowing guests to contribute to your honeymoon and leave a personal message.

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    We were going to use PayPal. You can get your own personal PayPal link or QR code and just add it to your wedding website, and then you get all the money directly without there being any money for fees etc.

In the end, as we booked our honeymoon with Kuoni, they also offer a gift list link (which is free and doesn’t charge or take any fees) so we’ve used that link instead rather than PayPal.
  • C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They charge 2% for cash contributions, just checked. looks helpful though. looking for similar :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics