Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pookie8911
Beginner April 2017

Wed2B

Pookie8911, 11 of June of 2016 at 21:17 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi!
Has anyone bought their dress from Wed2B? I've only tried on 'designer' dresses so far, and wanted to try on something less expensive just before I make the definite decision about spending a small fortune on the dress I absolutely love (a Maggie Sottero beauty).

I understand you try and buy on the day. Has anyone had experience with this, and the after plans of sorting out a seamstress for any alterations etc?

Thanks in advance!

16 replies

Latest activity by Karen, 23 of January of 2024 at 00:10
  • R
    Beginner August 2017
    rose_tree86 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I got my dress from wed2b a few weeks ago. You are aloud to take 4 in at a time to try on and it's like a queuing system so if it's busy you have to wait for a free fitting room. I only had to wait 15 mins or so. The lady was really lovely and I didn't find the experience rushed or anyway less 'professional' than a boutique shop. The last dress I tried on I loved! I had previously been to 2 other wedding dress shops and found a lovely maggie sottero dress but it was £1300 and I just felt it was silly not to at least have a look at wed2b. The dress I found was the same style as the maggie dress but a bit more sparkly which I actually preferred. It was £499. I haven't had experience with finding a seamstress yet as our wedding isn't til next August.

The only thing that is maybe a slight criticism is that I think it really depends when you go. There was alot of repeated dresses there from the in house designers and I didn't see many other designers.

Hope that helps a bit xx

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

I went there - didn't find 'the one' but I had a good experience. They were very helpful, and had a good selection of styles.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

There are other designer discount outlets too, I went to a lovely one near Derby last week where the lady was mega helpful and I found some lovely things, they have three branches Burton on Trent, Stockport and Newcastle. http://www.bridalfactoryoutlets.co.uk/burton-outlet/

There is also an outlet in Northallerton which apparently sells a lot of designer dresses too. Their website says they carry some Maggie Sottero's http://www.bridalfactoryoutlet.co.uk/.

Hope that's helpful.

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

I've thought a few more points to add - if you're going at the weekend, arrive early. I got the impression that it gets really busy in the afternoon. I think I waited about 15 mins to try on, but there are comfy chairs and wedding magazines to read! I also felt a little self-conscious coming out of the changing room as the other brides and their families, and the people queuing to try on can see you. But that's probably just me!

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

I tried on some in there and it was a disaster. They only had white gowns and I need something warmer. I didn't get to try on any of the 4 I picked as the sales girl changed them all. She made me look enormous and gave me all the wrong tips.

If I were you I would go to a bridal store first and know what suits you. Then go to wed2b to find what you want.

• K
    Beginner April 2017
    KJHLee ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I've been to wed2b twice. Once last year when it was still called wedding dress factory outlet and once yesterday. They have a wide range of dresses all set out by size. It's better to time a visit just after a delivery or most of the rails are filled with the same dress over and over again as I found yesterday. A lot of their dresses aren't on their website unfortunately so you can't really tell what they look like until you try them.

I arrived about half hour after opening on Sunday and was able to try them on straight away, we went back at one to try on a dress they had set aside for me to think about for a few hours and again I was seen straight to a changing room, the lady after me had to wait ten minutes.

I don't feel I was rushed, and the lady that helped me on my first visit last year was amazingly helpful and brought dresses I wouldn't have thought to have tried but looked great. The assistant yesterday was quieter, friendly and polite but didn't offer much suggestion, but then I knew what I was looking for at that point pretty much.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I bought my wedding dress from Wed2B in Bolton last September - happy with my choice (was worried I would have dress wobbles, as it was a pretty rushed decision, but I nearly cried with happiness when I tried it on for my alterations).

I think I was lucky because I knew pretty much exactly what I wanted so could pick them out easily enough.

The system of only being allowed to pick 4 dresses and then queuing was a nightmare though. We went on a busy day and I was waiting 2 hours (with my heavily pregnant sister) in the stifling heat on little stools before I could try anything on. So definitely not a boutique experience. Also be prepared for everyone staring at your everytime you come out with a dress on. Since buying, I've also found out they gave me some unreliable alteration advice about the neckline of the dress (I bought the dress a size bigger than I needed, so was slightly baggy on the neckline).

• R
    Beginner August 2017
    rose_tree86 ·
    • Hide content

Yes as others have said I recon it would be a nightmare on a weekend. I went on a Friday about 11am and it was fine. Also I agree with going to a boutique first and getting a idea of style that suits you. I think that's why I ended finding a dress there quite easily Smiley smile xx

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

I went on a Friday, I would definitely recommend going on a weekday and not at the weekend! I had found a dress I loved, but wanted to see if I could get something similar at Wed2B for less money. I did find something that was like the dress I loved, but I just didn't love it... The rational side of me had to check though!

I would also echo going with some ideas of shapes and styles in mind, so you know what you're looking for.

• R
    Beginner May 2017
    RomanticPurpleCakes576 ·
    • Hide content

I went to the one in Bolton just after Christmas and had a good experience. I'd definitely recommend finding out when they get their deliveries though so you've got the biggest choice. I actually ended up with a dress that didn't look like anything special on the hanger but was perfect on, so make a day of it so you've got enough time to try on as many as you can because there are some real gems.

I did go in there with an idea of what I wanted (50s, short, lace sleeves) which they had none of, and I came away with the complete opposite (fishtail, lace, strapless!), so it's probably not the place to go if you've got a specific style in mind!

The dress is now hanging up at my parents' and around Christmas I'll start looking for a seamstress for alterations, hopefully it won't be too difficult.

• K
    Beginner April 2017
    KJHLee ·
    • Hide content

Anyone know where abouts in brighton the wed2b is opening next friday? Cant find an address anywhere so hoping someone local might know. They've sai dthey'll release the date soon, but i need to know asap as their's some parts of brighton my friend wont drive through ^^

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all you ladies for your responses! I went to Wed2B in Liverpool last Saturday with my 3 bridesmaids and had a great experience! We got there for 11ish, and was expecting it to be heaving....it really wasn't! We were the only ones in there initially, so were dealt with straight away. The pick 4 at a time system worked out well for us, as I just let my bridesmaids each pick a dress for me, which I didn't see until I tried it on! Meant that I tried on 9 completely different dresses (our lovely assistant got an extra one for me, as I loved a dress, but the train was too huge so she picked out something similar for me to try).

Although I've tried on dresses at the Manchester wedding show, I was actually a little more conscious of other people watching in this store (think because nobody else was trying to be subtle about it in the store). I just tried to focus on my 3 girls!

I would definitely recommend this store to others looking for dress inspiration if nothing else...I'm still undecided on what I'm doing about my dress, but may well be back - the prices are so much lower than 'designer' dresses, and I was so pleasantly surprised by the quality of them!

• Natty
    Beginner September 2022 Hampshire
    Natty ·
    • Hide content
    I went there for a try on and bought the JAMIE dress.. love it
  • L
    Savvy August 2022 North Yorkshire
    Lee-Anne ·
    • Hide content
    I got my dress from Wed2B
    When inlaid they gave me local numbers for seamstresses but I already knew which seamstress I would use. However its still very useful
  • C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content

Hey I know this an old thread but I am posting in case it helps anyone. We decided to marry in January for July this year. First shop I went into was shocked at the short time LOL - they were lovely, I had thought we were being quite good planning quite far in advance! So I was limited to sample dresses, which to be fair, so long as the shops have looked after their dresses OK, are absolutely fine and loads cheaper. given all the world events last few years, (and depending how far in advance you are planning) I definitely prefer having a dress in my hand once chosen rather than ordering it from a designer and waiting ages for it. And paying loads more for it too.

I went to Wed2B in Bristol to check it out. Ladies were lovely. They do want in my opinion far too much personal data - every other wedding shop I went into they simply asked me for my wedding date, first name and phone number, and email. They wanted full address, full name, the works, but were OK when I didn't give it just mentioning it.

Before I went, I called their main website phone number, and every dress out of 5 or 6 I had shortlisted on their site, was either discontinued generally ie not in any store and not marked such on their website, which you'd think would be easy to do and helpful for all!

Then I asked them to please send me what ones they DID have in stock at that moment at that store so I coudl make a new shortlist. Obviously they get bought at any time, appreciate that. When I arrived in the store which was a Friday early afternoon, I had to wait around 20 mins, I learnt about the Q and the 4 dresses thing so I chose 4. Thing is, the dresses are all in bags, so you can't really see the details of each dress if you are browsing, or like I found, they didn't have the ones I really liked any more.

I found they actually had a very limited selection in store compared to their website. They had quite a lot of dresses generally, but only maybe 10-15 of each size, which isn't many. Compared to other sample dresses I was trying on in other bridal stores, I found the wed2B dresses quite thin and also heavy fabrics (cheap basically) and also they try to upsell you on petticoats, they do do a nice thing called a Wunderskirt, but, I wasn't a fan of any of their dresses compared to other cheaper sample dresses I found.

Another odd thing was I asked them, do you know when you are getting xxx dress in, no they had no idea, as the central office doesn't tell the store ladies. Oh ok, well do you get stock in that you don't know what it is on a certain day then? No, not that either - literally dresses can turn up of any style in any size at any time and it seems a genuine surprise to the store ladies. They were very lovely about it but also quite bemused by it!!

The dresses looked nice on, but I didn't buy from there. The staff were all very lovely and the store itself was spacious, fitting rooms lovely, lady was super helpful with getting other petticoats for me to try etc and taking photos, absolutely no complaints. Oh and one other thing I found weird, but I can comprehend it a tiny bit given many ladies wear tons of make up (I wear none) they make you put a shower cap type mask over your entire face when you take dresses on or off - just to stop you getting marks on the dresses. not a very nice experience, but given someone might buy the dress you just tried on as soon as it goes back out on their shop floor, guess its fair enough!!

Hope this is helpful to folks. :-)

• K
    Beginner June 2024 Lancashire
    Karen ·
    • Hide content
    I realise this is an old thread but just to warn ladies here...I have recently had a huge shock 5 months after purchasing my dress from Wed2b in Bolton . Initially I was pleased with the dress after trying on a size 14 strapless mermaid gown, although it was a bit small on the bust, but was designed to be supportive so no bra needed. The staff went to get a size 16 after I was reassured it could be altered to fit and not to worry. At no point did I try on the 16 , just the 14. The 16 was brought to me at the till boxed up , along with other items ( belt , robe, underskirt ) . I was a bit narked at the added extras pushed on me , but I would have required them anyway so I wasn't too fussed. The huge upset has literally come this weekend when I have gone for my 1st dress fitting to take in this size 16 , to be told it's not possible because it won't work on my bustline and the material / support is really poor quality. I'm a size 12 but 34F/G bust. I've been told by the seamstress that she can " do her best " but the dress will twist and has no support and my cleavage won't sit central . I cant wear a strapless bra as it will show and not work . The seamstress can't even sew in cups because it needs taking in at the sides and offers no support at best, and the material is too poor. I'm so upset and have no chance of a refund or exchange and just lost about £900. I can't wear the belt or other items as they were bought with this dress in mind . I've now got the challenge of finding a new dress and spending even more money, plus getting new accessories. The dress I bought is a " Anna Sorrento" . These "designers" are Wed2b designers ( aka Chinese tat run off in big factories. Anna Sorrento probably doesn't even exist). I'm completely disappointed, disgusted and horrified they can get away with this , and apparently have heard from respected bridal shops that many brides- to- be have this experience, on what should be buying their dream dress for the most special day of their lives.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics