Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Curious April 2023 Warwickshire

Weddind dress and flowers

Lucy, 22 of January of 2022 at 20:54 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
So ive chosen my dress, it is not until april 2023 but it has been discontinued and loved it so much i didnt want to miss out! It is a bit quirky, white background but has a floral pattern. Our colour theme has been decided of light blue and dont feel able to change this but i feel it is now going to clash. Questioning if it matters or if anyone has any suggestions of a way of having somelight blues in the bouquet without it looking weird with the dress. There will be a couple of yellow roses too in the boquet in memory of my partners grandad. I dont know if im worrying about nothing or whether the shape/colours of the boquet will matter.

6 replies

Latest activity by Lucy, 25 of January of 2022 at 07:38
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I would pick colours for your flowers in the tone of the colours on your dress. For the blue, we are pastel rainbow theme and really struggled with the blue flowers, we are doing our own so tried to dye gypsophila with food colouring and it came out really well and so much cheaper than buying pre dyed. A florist would be able to source something but as many flowers don't naturally come in that colour it can be costly. The shape is not a big issue, just have a look on please nterest and see what you prefer
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Weddind dress and flowers 1

This was our first attempt, just put 150ml of water and 6 teaspoons of blue food colouring in a jug then dipped it in and swirled around for a minute or so. Dabbwd on kitchen towel. We then hung it on double sided tape on the cooker hood to dry overnight!
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh they look cool, i am wuestioning whether a bowuet will be distracting with my dress and ehether i could wear a corsage and flowers st the bsck of my hwir or something. But wondering if thatll make me look quite young and whether than my bridesmaids are okay to still have boquets. We agreed a while ago on light blue as the colour for our wedding as itll slightly be water themed.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I get what you are saying, I thought no as long as you like the look then go for whatever you want. Flowers in hair and corsage will look nice against the dress you have
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I haven't chosen my dress yet but am erring on floral lacey patterns... and still planning on a pale turquoise blue and white bouquet. My dress will be all white though, does your dress have any colour in it? Maybe you could go for flowers of the same shape as the pattern on your dress, even if they are a different colour, as this will help tie both together?

• L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats a potential idea thank you, the dress is white but the flowers are light pink with green leaves. The picture isnt great but may just show what i mean.Weddind dress and flowers 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics