Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner May 2023 Lancashire

Wedding abroad

Tara, 24 of September of 2021 at 17:30 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 4
Hi I live in the uk looking at planning small wedding in Spain has anyone done that and know we’re to start? Thank you

4 replies

Latest activity by Tara, 3 of October of 2021 at 17:00
  • N
    Beginner September 2023 Greater Manchester
    Nikki ·
    • Hide content

Hey Tara!

I’m just wondering if you’ve made any progress yet? As we’re in the same boat in terms of wanting to get married in Spain!

The only issue we see is that you cannot get legally “married” in Spain unless you’re a Spanish resident… so instead itd be a blessing ceremony. There might be an option to marry in a British embassy but I haven’t looked into that too much yet!

We’ve contacted a couple of independent wedding planners, but we’re extremely conscious that going directly to a wedding planner offers no protection, and should something happen (eg another lockdown, or the planner goes bust), we could be left out of pocket.

Our preference is to go with a company such as Kuoni who do have experience with planning destination weddings and use local wedding planners, but everything would have a much higher level of protection should something go wrong. They can apparently offer something very bespoke!

• T
    Tara ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m thinking of booking a week in Spain then searching registry offices we don’t want anything big or expensive there will only be our 3 kids my in laws and my sister and brother in law so just do that then spend the day lounging round the pool then possibly have quick private service in uk to legalise it. If you get any we’re keep me updated I don’t know we’re to start lol x
  • N
    Beginner September 2023 Greater Manchester
    Nikki ·
    • Hide content
  • T
    Tara ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much hun x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles