Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner July 2025 Essex

Wedding Abroad

Venetia, 17 of July of 2023 at 14:04 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 9

Hi , I'm looking at getting married abroad and don't even know where to start. I've got locations in mind was just wondering if anyone had any advice for starting to look etc please. Thank you in advance

9 replies

Latest activity by Nicola, 29 of March of 2024 at 08:01
  • PIP
    Beginner May 2025 Islas Baleares
    PIP ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I was exactly the same as you but within less than 3 months my fiancé and I were able to narrow down and find our dream venue. Firstly, we spoke about how much we realistically wanted our final budget to be. Then after looking and researching we quickly shelved this as it was so much more than we expected 🤣

We started to look in our top 5 different countries, googling wedding venues, looking through wedding planner's websites, airbnb, villa rentals... send a million emails requesting further information on pricing. We got lots of replies asking for our preferred date and guest numbers before they could give us a price, so it would be good to have this figured out first.

We also asked about caterers - whether they work with specific companies or we could find out own, corkage, if they have specific check in days or minimum nights to stay. Whether guests can stay on site or nearby? We also considered where all our guests will be travelling from, how long it will take them, ease of getting there and getting around etc. Also cost, because initially we considered Asia but realised not many people would be joining us, so chose Europe instead.

Eventually we narrowed down to 1 country and we took a quick trip out to see our top 5 venues. 1 cancelled while we were there and it became super clear straight away which one we loved anyway! We had a coffee with the owner while we were there and we asked all our questions, then she sent over the T&Cs for us to sign and put down our deposit. I guess if it's far away and this isn't an option, you could have a walk-around FaceTime to check out the size of the spaces, whether it's your vibe.

We know that we'll be offering a couple more events around the wedding because of the effort that our guests will be making to join us, e.g. welcome drinks and dinners. so those additional costs will soon mount up.

Good luck, it's so exciting once you're past the initial huge decisions!

• S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content
    Definitely recommended Mauritius! There are so many gorgeous hotels you can get married in
  • C
    Milano
    Contact ·
    • Hide content

Hi Venetia!

Getting married abroad is an exciting and beautiful experience, and I can certainly understand why you might feel a bit overwhelmed at the start of this journey. Considering the locations you have in mind, I'd recommend exploring some popular wedding destinations that are known for their romantic settings and incredible landscapes.

1. Greece: The islands of Santorini or Mykonos offer breathtaking views and are famous for their unique wedding venues. Greece's rich history and stunning architecture could make your big day truly unforgettable.

2. Italy: From the romantic canals of Venice to the rolling hills of Tuscany, Italy offers a diverse range of locations, each with its own charm and elegance. A wedding in a wild Puglia Masseria or on the Amalfi Coast could be an ideal option. Consider also alternative and trending destinations as Sicily and Sardinia!

3. Spain: Whether you prefer the vibrant culture of Barcelona or Baleric islands as Menorca and Mallorca, Spain offers diverse and beautiful locations that can cater to various wedding themes.

4. Portugal: Portugal's Algarve region, with its stunning beaches and picturesque towns could be a perfect spot for a more intimate celebration.

5. Costa Rica: If you're leaning towards a tropical wedding, Costa Rica's lush rainforests and pristine beaches offer an exotic backdrop for your special day.

When starting to plan, it might be helpful to engage with a wedding planner who specializes in destination weddings. They'll have insights into local regulations, best venues, and can guide you in choosing the perfect location based on your preferences.

Additionally, research online forums, blogs, and websites that focus on destination weddings. You can find real-life experiences and valuable tips that can help in your decision-making process.

Feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions or need assistance in any of these countries, or only recommendations for Wedding Planners, Venues or any other type of info. Wishing you all the best on this beautiful journey!

Best regards, Erica from Erica Brenci Studio

• V
    Beginner July 2025 Essex
    Venetia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for your reply, I have a video call with a wedding planner on Thursday so have written down some points from your answer so thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it x

• V
    Beginner July 2025 Essex
    Venetia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh amazing thank you will have a look x

• V
    Beginner July 2025 Essex
    Venetia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply I really appreciate it and all your advice x

• Casa
    Beginner August 2025 Sardoal
    Casa ·
    • Hide content
    If you are thinking of Portugal, I can help you out with everything
  • K
    Beginner January 2018 Fort William
    Katherine ·
    • Hide content

Hey! Venetia, hope you are doing great! so in my view you can plan your destination wedding in India the authenticity of weddings in the region is awesome. You can get a fair idea on organizing such a event by visiting deltin daman they are amongst the top choices for visitors for planning out such functions thet are rich in culture, entertainment and all time great scenery.

• N
    Beginner August 2025 South Yorkshire
    Nicola ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi I am considering getting married in Portugal. Can you message me. Thanks

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics