Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Louise
Beginner May 2023 Bristol

wedding abroad post covid

Louise, 30 of September of 2021 at 15:50 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 5

Hi Everyone! I got engaged in May this year and have booked my wedding in Portugal for May 2023! Is anyone in a similar situation to me? I am desperately trying to find wedding insurance that covers abroad but can't find anything How has everyone's experiences been so far? ARE WE MAD PLANNING AN ABROAD WEDDING POST COVID?

5 replies

Latest activity by Emma, 13 of November of 2021 at 18:23
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Not mad at all, congratulations! At the moment insurers are not offering much in terms of policies so I would suggest that you ensure there are clauses in your contracts with your venue and suppliers around what would happen if Covid caused postponement, typically it is good to get a non fee clause added so you are not charged to move your date. I honestly think by 2023 you will be fine, as things develop keep checking in with the insurers to see what policies they can offer. Good Luck x

• Monica
    Beginner October 2022 Setúbal
    Monica ·
    • Hide content
    Hi! No not mad at all, I’m doing the same marrying in Portugal next year! 😁
  • Louise
    Beginner May 2023 Bristol
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Monica! Oh amazing!! When and where? How are you finding the planning? Are you using a wedding planner? I have so many questions for you haha
  • Monica
    Beginner October 2022 Setúbal
    Monica ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Louise! It is amazing, you the first person that I found here that is also marrying in Portugal 😊 we getting married next year on The 4th of October, near Setubal in a vineyard. And you? Have you got a venue? Planning can be tricky, since it’s all through video calls or email, but we going there next month to get to see and get most of it sorted! No no wedding planner, but struggling with Hitched do add suppliers that are abroad. We lucky since the venue does most of it, and haves us contacts for photographers and entertainment, the rest from decor to all the food is included in their price so we quite happy with that. Happy to answer any questions you might have! Have your sorted anything yet? xx
  • E
    Beginner May 2022 Málaga
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    We are too, Spain in May next year! Pretty confident everything will be okay post-covid. I haven’t been able to get wedding insurance but suppliers have been really good about putting additional clauses to cover both parties in their contracts when I asked them too ☺️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics