Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Limoncellobride
Beginner June 2016

Wedding Abroad - 'Welcome Pack' for guests

Limoncellobride, 12 of April of 2015 at 11:10 Posted on Planning 0 3

Morning all!

We're getting married in Frascati in Italy next summer and I'm thinking of putting together some kind of 'Welcome' pack to put in our guest's rooms. So far, all 26 guests are staying at our venue which will be lovely, and I'd like to leave them a little something for when they arrive. Any ideas of what to put in the packs would be greatly appreciated!! So far I've got:

Map of Rome

Bottle of Frascati Wine

Cellophane wrapped bundle of Italian biscotti from our favourite bakery in the town

Information pack about the hotel and area, with activity and eating/drinking recommendations

What else should I put in? Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated! We are already having personalised bottles of Limoncello as our favours so want to avoid duplicating that gift!

3 replies

Latest activity by Chucklevision, 12 of April of 2015 at 16:44
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Your ideas sound lovely. Not that I think you need anymore things, but I always like to know at least a few words in a foreign country (hello, goodbye, cheers, thankyou etc), so you could include a small phrase book or just a printed sheet with some words/meanings/pronunciation. I'm also keen to know the local culture and things 'not' to do that the country.

You could include a fact sheet with things about italy- Did you know there are XXX types of pasta in Italy? Did you know that the 5 almonds traditionally given at an Italian wedding represent 5 wishes for the bride & groom.

• Z
    Beginner September 2015
    Zozo222 ·
    • Hide content

I think they sound great. Do you have any children travelling also? If so maybe something for them, miniture Ferrari cars for the boys, kids travel guide...

some ideas here which might help you https://www.theknot.com/content/destination-weddings-what-goes-in-the-welcome-bag

we are getting married in America and trying to travel light! Are you buying all this in Italy once you arrive or taking it over with you?

• Limoncellobride
    Beginner June 2016
    Limoncellobride ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies for your advice- I will definitely add a mini phrase book to the pack! Was also thinking of adding some kind of corny 'Rome' souvenir like a fridge magnet or similar novelty, and a mini twin set of balsamic vinegar and olive oil (both very cheap and very good quality in the area we're getting married in!) Can't wait now- wish it was this year!

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in Sicily in july and wanted to do the same- mostly becausecwhen we sent out our invitations we had only sorted out the ceremony venue. Due to logistics we can't do this as our guests are arriving on different days ( some a few days before us) and in different places. Very few of our guests booked with a hotel as it was cheaper to book flights separately and a holiday apartment/villa then a package holiday through our travel agent. So it seemed quite difficult to co-ordinate. have any of your guests booked yet as you may have the same problem?

Instead I'm sending out a welcome pack 3 weeks before the wedding with all the details on in which I'm including

• Thank you for coming/ welcome letter
    • An interinary for the day
    • A route planner from the ceremony to the restaurant ( apparently its Italian tradition to walk through the town to your reception venue)
    • Menu for your wedding meal
    • A map of Taormina
    • A list of local attractions
    • An insert of useful phrases
    • An invitation to drinks at my parents villa the night before ( our families haven't met yet so we thought this would be a nice meet 'n' greet before the day.

Hope this helps.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics