Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2021 Co Londonderry

Wedding after restrictions and responsibility

Amy, 17 of July of 2021 at 08:39 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone,

I am due to get married in early August, after the restrictions lift and now wondering, if things can go ahead as 'normal' is this responsible on our part in this middle of rising delta cases, does anyone else feel the same? I am so worried that the wedding could be a spreader if even one person has it. We will test beforehand, is anyone asking guests to do the same?

3 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 21 of July of 2021 at 07:41
  • R
    Beginner September 2021 South East London
    Rosie ·
    • Hide content

I'm starting to wonder the same thing for our September wedding with 80 in the day and 150 in the evening as it's mostly indoors and at full capacity!

I think we'll try to do things like make sure windows and doors are open to keep ventilation, encourage people to spend time in the outside spaces and have hand sanitiser everywhere! I think almost all our guests will be double vaccinated by then which should help, but we may consider encouraging tests too depending how things are then. Would be interested in hearing about other's approaches too!

• Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    I think if huge events like ascot and football can go ahead no bride should feel guilty about having a wedding! As long as everyone is sensible and does a test I think wedding should be able to go ahead as normal!
  • Sarah
    Savvy August 2021 Suffolk
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Yes my wedding is at the end of August and I'm wondering how to gently advise people to test beforehand. I also have my hen two weeks before and am particularly worried about someone catching it then. If I get covid two weeks before the wedding...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics