Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eli
Curious July 2022 Somerset

Wedding aisle

Eli, 23 of January of 2022 at 21:12 Posted on Planning 0 8
Hello there,

I’m planning on doing my aisle decor by myself, but I do have some questions, how long should it be for 50 guests approx, I read somewhere that between each chair is 1 m but how much from where we will standing to the 1st row and how much from the last one. And how much is the width.

8 replies

Latest activity by Eli, 24 of January of 2022 at 15:34
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Flippin eck (leicester born an bred ) that' s a lot of info. You mentioned decor but the venue will usually be the one putting out the chairs for you and then you do any decor as you wish.

Where are you getting married.

• Eli
    Eli ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We don’t know as yet. I want a venue with a nice garden, but we haven’t chose one as well, if you have some that you know please let me know. Highly appreciated.
    I found out some things about what I need it. Apparently is 1 m between each row of chair and then 2 between you and the first road and the width is about 2 as well, depending on the amount of rows you have should be from 5 to 9 m but I’m not sure. Leaving this here if someone else needs it 😌

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Your area on your signature said that you were in Leicester but I see that it has changed now to Somerset.

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is really useful - thanks for sharing! I really want to practice how long it takes to walk down the aisle because of thinking about what music I'll have (going non-traditional) and how far through the song I'll get! Our venue is 3 seats on each side per row and we're also having 50 guests, so that's 10m I think including the space between you and the first row!

• Eli
    Eli ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same for me.
    I read that the bride walk won’t take more than a min, but with the wedding party depending on how many, could take 3 min. But I read this and I think will be different for everyone. I think is important to practice in case you go to fast or too slow and then the song finish before could be awkward but I overthink everything at the end will be great. I hope you have a lovely wedding and we can share tips and everything here to help each other it’s a lot to plan.
  • Eli
    Eli ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, my fiancé lives in Leicester but I think we are going to have the wedding in bath now. But I don’t know yet it might change again in the future.
    Thank you so much for the venue list I’m checking them all.
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am such an over thinker haha! The wedding coordinator at our venue advised "no more than 90 seconds", I have three bridesmaids and a flower dog. 90 seconds finishes at a nice instrumental point in my current top choice aisle song which would be great... but I feel like I want everyone to know their cue to start walking and for us to be able to practice what sort of speed we need to go so no one's zooming down or dragging their feet haha

This forum has helped me so much with with planning - it really helps to talk and share with each other! Good luck with everything Smiley heart

• Eli
    Eli ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A flower dog that’s lovely 😍 is great that you also have a wedding coordinator they will help lots, get everyone to the practicing you deserve a perfect walking down the aisle experience and it is great to plan and practice. Good luck with everything you too. Have a great day. I hope I can find so much help as well so far has been great.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics