Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NikiST
Beginner July 2011

Wedding aisle runner carpet.. help!

NikiST, 13 March, 2011 at 20:27 Posted on Planning 0 14

I'm having an outside wedding.. and the venue does have am aisle runner carpet.. but it's red. My theme is fuschia and silver. Red is going to look out of place. So I'm desperately trying to find an alternative without breaking the bank. I found somewhere I could hire it from.. but it was something ludicrous like £150 plus £20 delivery fee!!!!! Help me?! My wedding is near Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset and I live in Swindon, Wilts.

14 replies

Latest activity by NikiST, 14 March, 2011 at 17:15
  • jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I know you say your colour scheme is fuschia and silver but could you sprinkle fuschia petals on the red carpet as the colours look nice together and still ties in with your scheme and won't break the bank.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Will fabric work though? It needs to be sat on grass.

And about the petals.. I'm really not sure without actually seeing it whether or not it will work. I might have a look and see what I can put on the carpet to cover up a lot of the red.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

I've researched this myself as my venue's carpet is brown and kinda office-y so wanted an aisle runner. in the end my mum's making us one (white with hunter Green edges and little diamantes stuck on the green edge) but I saw some (even personalised ones) at £39.99 up to £100

They do even hot pink / fuschia: http://weddingdecorationsni.co.uk/AisleRunners.aspx

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Thanks I'll take a look!

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

Where near Weston is the wedding?

Can you not just go to a carpet shop and get a cut off?

Shouldn't be that expensive i should think,

There's a few small local shop in weston that sell carpets

Good Luck !

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.platinumaisles.com/aisle%20runners.htm

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I've looked into off-cuts but the longest I can have it is 4m which isn't long enough Smiley sad So that's a no go but a fab idea for those who are having a smaller aisle.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Just have the carpet on the grass, then cover with a biiiiig piece of whatever colour fabric you need.. That way it's still sturdy under foot.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
  • NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I don't want the kids tripping over the fabric though if it gets gathered up. I have two 2-year-olds and a 6-year old walking down the aisle. I don't think putting fabric down is an option for me as I can picture so many ways it can go wrong.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

To be honest it would probably be custom made as most are Red as this is traditional. You probably won'tget one for less than £150.00 if you add on delievery & collection. You have to take into account the cost of cleaning it after as well so I think £150.00 is a good price.

You could try here:

https://www.bdjc.co.uk/carpet.php

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I could buy a piece of carpet in any colour I want for about £160. I'd rather buy it and sell it on again to someone who needs it for their wedding and make some money back on it than hire a carpet for nearly the same price and have nothing to show for the amount of money spent!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

And the £150 quote I had was for hire of a plain white/cream carpet. Nothing fancy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics