Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DisneyBride96
Beginner May 2024 Hampshire

Wedding Anniversary Date

DisneyBride96, 5 of June of 2021 at 16:01 Posted on Planning 3 10
Hi guys,

I'm in the early stages of planning as not looking to get married until 2024.
The venue we want isn't licensed so we would need to go to a registry office to get married beforehand, so we were thinking of doing this on 30th April 2024 and having our big celebration on 14th May 2024 at our venue (both are sentimental dates to us).
Which would you consider the official anniversary date? People have said the day we legally get married, however I like the idea of it being on the day we have the wedding with friends and family.
Has anyone else got married at a registry office a few weeks before as their dream venue is unlicensed? How did you find it?

10 replies

Latest activity by Daintyane, 8 of June of 2021 at 12:25
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

My parents were legally married just over a month before their “wedding” - whilst their marriage certificate has the legal date on it, they always celebrate their anniversary on the date of the or wedding day. It was a personal choice for them, but that date meant more to them than the official ceremony.

• DisneyBride96
    DisneyBride96 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for replying! That was exactly my thinking, we're still making a big day of it at the registry office but will celebrate properly with family and friends later so I'd consider that our 'real wedding'.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We had to postpone our wedding for three weeks due to the lockdown, and we've decided we're going to celebrate our anniversary on what SHOULD have been our wedding day - we don't see why Covid gets to dictate when we celebrate our anniversary for the rest of our lives!!!

So you pick whichever day you want to as your anniversary. Or just celebrate both (cake twice? sounds like a plan!)

• DisneyBride96
    DisneyBride96 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's such a shame for you but good on you, hope you had an incredible day! Double helpings of cake sounds perfect! Thanks so much for replying!
  • C
    Curious June 2022 West Midlands
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We are doing the same as we have 180 guests we just can't make smaller for the day so to include everyone we are having a blessing next at our wedding venue next June and street food etc around 4pm instead of a sit down meal, so we have decided to get married few days before our wedding event as we just can't afford £1000 for the set up and legal bits at the venue, but can afford the registry office - yet we are classing the day with all our Friends and Family as to us this is our wedding day wearing my wedding dress and this will be the day we celebrate..I do understand what you mean as at first I had this question but I think having the people you love and care about and we will lo baan at photos of the day etc this will be are anniversary..hope you work it out Xx
  • DisneyBride96
    DisneyBride96 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much! Think we will go with the 14th May when we celebrate with family and friends! Hope you have an amazing wedding day!
  • C
    Curious June 2022 West Midlands
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have a wonderful day Xx
  • Daintyane
    Curious April 2023 Essex
    Daintyane ·
    • Hide content

I would say to make the special day 14th May the day you celebrate your marriage with friends and family as that way you can share the joy with everyone you care about Smiley smile
    Yay to DisneyBride96 will you be having a Disney themed wedding if you are we could share some ideas as I will be having a Disney themed wedding Our wedding will be in 2023 -2024 dependant on how well covid goes Smiley smile

Hope you have an Amazing day!

• DisneyBride96
    DisneyBride96 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much, ooh a Disney wedding sounds incredible! I haven't thought too much about it yet but I'm sure we'll have some subtle Disney touches in there (and probably Star Wars- my fiancé loves it haha). Let me know if you have any ideas so far! Have a magical day!

• Daintyane
    Curious April 2023 Essex
    Daintyane ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds cool I have planed to have each table represent a character in a subtle way with the centrepiece Smiley smile

Still building up some ideas

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics