Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2021

Wedding August 22nd - should we postpone?

RomanticBrownStationery22937, 19 of April of 2020 at 20:01 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello all, just looking for some advice really.

We are due to get married on the 22nd August with 50% of the guest travelling from the South West to the South East.

My Stepdad and my Stepmum, both have underlying health issues and are in the vulnerable category, for Covid 19.

Do you think we should delay until a safer time next year, or wait and see where the land lies?

I really want both of my parents and their parents to be there to celebrate our specials day.

Thanks xxx

1 replies

Latest activity by Romanticdreamer0606, 3 of June of 2020 at 09:14
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Your header says the wedding is 22nd August and the post says 22nd June! If the June date is correct, I'd say you should postpone if you definitely want all your guests to attend. If August, you might be ok, but it's worth bearing in mind that some of the advice is saying the vulnerable won't be safe until we have a vaccine, which could be 18 months away.

• Romanticdreamer0606
    Beginner June 2021 Cheshire
    Romanticdreamer0606 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I have just postponed my August wedding, I was due to marry 21st August and had my mind set to just keep waiting and seeing but as time has gone by the stress of dress and suit fittings are building up and all the other little extra things that need to be done was ruining the experience of getting married for us, we were also concerned that guests would be scared to come and not want to hug us and have photos and not want to be sat eating on a table of 10 people. My partners dad and grandparents have health issues too and some aunty and uncles who are having to travel up north and stay in hotels. So we’ve bitten the bullet and picked our plan b date given to us by our venue. We want the wedding of our dreams with the people we love, yes it is sad to think we cant get married this year but our venue said even if you can get married in august things still could be different with small limited numbers and you cant leave the decision too late. Hope this has helped x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics