Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner October 2011

wedding banns being read tomorrow!

narie, 6 August, 2011 at 20:31 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all

Our Wedding banns are being read for the first time tmrw in our local parish - and then for 3 weeks in a row. We are going on the third week to pick up the certificate but I have been worrying, should go to the first tmrw morning? We are not getting married at this church, we are getting married at another and our banns are being read there for 3 weeks in september and we are planning on going to church on those sundays and up until our wedding (and hopefully after if i can persuade other half)... Do you think we need to go tmrw to our local parish or would it just be okay to go on the 3rd sunday. I hope this makes sense!

3 replies

Latest activity by bls14, 8 August, 2011 at 12:48
  • N
    Beginner October 2011
    narie ·
    • Hide content

I'm still not sure what to do...

• gsijane
    Beginner September 2011
    gsijane ·
    • Hide content

We only went to the third one in our local parish, they read the banns and out of 5 couples we were the only ones there to pick up the certificate. We're also only going to the third on in the church we're getting married.

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

I'm afraid I am in the camp of thinking that if you don't want to go to these or not bothered etc then I would question why you are getting married in a church. I don't mean to be awkward just wondering.

We went to our Banns in both churches and it was very enjoyable! Go, like others have said, it's really exciting hearing your name read out!

Obviously if you can't make all of them that's different and just explain to the church warden or admin team that you'd love too come along and will try to get to however many you can etc..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics