Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner October 2015

Wedding belt or not?

firsttimebride83, 31 of May of 2015 at 17:55 Posted on Planning 0 7

My dress :-)

My mam reckons I need a belt to bling it up a bit? What do you think?

(Bad picture I know -I've lost a bit of weight so will be having it taken it) x

7 replies

Latest activity by Chucklevision, 31 of May of 2015 at 20:40
  • pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I would have a belt too as I like bling! It would nip in your waist too, try and see if you like any x

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content

I think a belt would look lovely with it. I had a belt, then was unsure after the dressmaker said she didn't think I needed it, but chose to wear it on the day as I wanted the bling!

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    BrideMMD ·
    • Hide content

Yes I agree. I tried a few belts on when I was choosing my dress. there are some really pretty ones out there x

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Miss-KEM ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress. However agree with other replies and think a bit of bling from a belt would look perfect.

I remember trying dresses on and adding a belt totally transforms it by pulling you in and just adding a little bit more detail.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I agree a belt would look lovely and really emphasise your lovely figure. Why not take a bit of ribbon and tie it round your waist to see how you like the look? If you feel that suits you then you can look for a beautiful belt

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to disagree with the others. Although I think the dress needs something, I don't know if a belt will give the desired effect. Unconsciously, your eye goes up and down the dress, giving a more slimming effect. A belt does the opposite, and cuts the look in half, and the eye starts moving left to right, looking at the width of the body instead and possibly making the hips look wider.

I'd suggest getting some shapewear, that gives a move defined waist, then have the dress altered & taken in. I'd bling up the area between the bust, just where the sweetheart neckline meets. A diamanté brooch that's long in shape (not circular), or something that hangs slightly. The eye would then be drawn to the bling, and follow the body down, rather than cutting you in half.

If you do go for a belt, I'd get a thicker, sash type, rather than a pencil thin one, but its obviously your choice and only you can see how the belts look in.

• S
    Beginner September 2016
    Shikaka1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hello.

I think your dress looks stunning. I have my eye on the same one actually. ?

I'll be blinging it up with a belt/sash and have seen some stunning ones on (not on the high street, ebay and etsy.)

I'd love to see another flash if you end up getting one. ?

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I would probably say yes because at the moment the dress looks rather shapeless on you so something to nip in the waist would look better. but as you say that's probably because you've lost weight so it doesn't fit as well as it could.

I would probably buy one and take it to a fitting then you'll have a better idea on whether to have one or not.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics