Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner September 2024 Kent

Wedding blessing

Romanticorangehair841, 23 of May of 2021 at 16:37 Posted on Planning 0 4
We have decided we are just going to get married at a registry office with our 2 boys and 2 witness but want to have a blessing done at the church my Nan and Grandad got married at and invite our families to that. Has anyone had a blessing and could give any tips or advice on the service and stuff please

4 replies

Latest activity by Alexandr, 24 of May of 2021 at 15:05
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

The best thing to do is to have a chat to the minister of the church you want the blessing at as soon as possible. The format & content of blessing services can vary widely depending on denomination and also on the minister at the church, so since you want to be married at a specific church, it's best to see what options are available before you do too much planning. (E.g. some churches/ministers will let you do more or less what you like as long as it's 'not contrary to' the Christian faith', while others have more strict limitations.)

• F
    Curious October 2021 Essex
    Frances ·
    • Hide content
    Depends on the denomination. I’ve spoken to a priest about a Catholic blessing & he said we can’t get the wheels in motion until after we have the legal wedding certificate. I’d recommend getting in contact with the church ASAP as there is a bit of paperwork! 😔
  • R
    Beginner September 2024 Kent
    Romanticorangehair841 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We arent looking at doing it until 2023. We were planning to get married then sending invites out for the blessing and a party to celebrate in 1-2 months time. I just wanted to see what others had done, did they have bells or prayers, invitation wording, did they bother with a cake etc.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A couple of my friends did this - one invited people to a 'blessing for the marriage of' and the other to a 'celebration of the marriage of'. Both were pretty much like weddings, except that they didn't have the formal vows. So they had prayers, music, hymns etc and a reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics