Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Knees
VIP August 2012

Wedding Blessing Service

Knees, 28 August, 2012 at 12:08 Posted on Planning 0 2

I put so much effort into planning our wedding abroad that I've left everything for our home reception a bit until the last minute!

We're having a blessing service, the idea for which started out as our family vicar popping up to H's gran's nursing home to do a little prayer for us with her, and blossomed into a full on blessing for those family members who were unable to come abroad with us.

The vicar has told us that we can have whatever we like, which isn't really that helpful for us in terms of structuring the service. We'll still have hymns and readings but I'm not sure what else to include in terms of the service/formal parts. He isn't actually sure himself.

Has anyone had a blessing service who could let me have an idea of the order? I guess it would be the same kind of thing as a religious blessing following a civil ceremony.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Latest activity by Red Baroness, 28 August, 2012 at 12:54
  • Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Hello Mrs!

We had a blessing about 20 mins after our civil ceremony, all at the same venue. There is a set order of service for a Church of England blessing, so we used that, as directed by our vicar. Is it a C of E blessing? I can email you a copy of our O of S if you like?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes please Bazza! It's Church in Wales but it'll be the same thing so that would be fab.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

No problem. Shall do so this evening, after I've had my barnet tended to! It's a shorter version of this basically:

https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-worship/worship/texts/pastoral/marriage/civilmarriage.aspx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics