Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner December 2012

Wedding blessing venues in Chester ..

FlickStar, 19 August, 2012 at 12:52 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi

Does anyone know where we can get our wedding blessed in Chester?

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by hazyclaire, 19 August, 2012 at 21:06
  • Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

I'm guessing you don't want a religious ceremony - You should be able to get your wedding blessed at any venue with a civil wedding licence.

Do you want venue reccommendations?

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure most churches would do this for you. What is the context? Do you want a blessing immediately after your wedding? If so, where is your wedding taking place?

• F
    Beginner December 2012
    FlickStar ·
    • Hide content

Hi

yes we are after recommendations advice anything really as I don't know anything about it.

We are getting married in Malpas, Cheshire and the only reason we aren't in a church already is because we have both been married before and I didn't want people to think we were making a fuss or anything (as lots of 'talk', sterotypes and do's & don'ts about 2nd weddings) but we both like the idea of a blessing, and my fiances parents are religious and I know it would mean a lot to them too...

depending on how long it would take, we would like to do it after the vows (with just bride, groom & parents vanishing to have a blessing) then back to celebrating with everyone else.

If we can't do it on the same day, we would look to do it after honeymoon, so 2 weeks-ish after wedding... possibly end of December ...

any help or advice would be much appreciated

thank you?

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you are going to do it on the day, I would look for churches local to your venue and getting in touch with the vicar to ask if he'll do it. You may be better inviting all of your guests along rather than leaving them to occupy themselves though. This website will tell you the nearest churches and contact details for the vicar:-

/

If you do it after the honeymoon then you're probably best going to your local church.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics