Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melanie
Dedicated September 2025 Kent

Wedding Bouquets...

Melanie, 31 of December of 2022 at 03:36 Posted on Planning 0 4

So we're having a relaxed ceremony with minimal decoration as the venue is stunning on its own, we're not having flowers on the tables - looking at book centre pieces.

I understand wedding bouquets are traditional however I am not bothered about flowers, I don't have a favourite flower and my colour scheme is green so I cant really pick a random flower and match it to the colour theme.

My thought process so far is this..
We are having swords at the wedding (decent wooden ones - not children ones) as we are doing a sword exchange (Norse pagan wedding tradition) and I am thinking I can just walk down the aisle with my sword in hand although I am not sure how it would work whilst walking down with my dad - and possibly my brother for some of it. If I dont walk down with my sword in hand, it would be at the arbor where we will do the exchange.

But what do I do about my bridesmaid - I know for certain my MoH will not hold a sword, real or not.

I appreciate any advice or suggestions. I am open and grateful to all ideas.

Thank you xxx

4 replies

Latest activity by Melanie, 2 of January of 2023 at 05:15
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

They don't have to hold anything. Or if you want them to, you could always get a single flower - if they are in green, then maybe a white lily or rose would stand out well. Or a spray of greenery. There are no 'rules' so go with whatever works for you and what your bridesmaids are comfortable with.

• Melanie
    Melanie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the advice x

• N
    Beginner April 2024 Berkshire
    Naila ·
    • Hide content
    I also wouldn’t worry about them holding anything. If anything, the walk will be more natural for them.
    Also love the previous idea of the single flower, that would look so pretty!
  • Melanie
    Melanie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought about them having nothing but never seen a wedding do one so dont know how it will look. I like the single flower idea too - I can give them all different ones

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics