Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2024 East Sussex

Wedding breakfast

Ann-Marie, 2 of August of 2022 at 13:36 Posted on Planning 1 10
Is it a normal think to only pick one meal to serve at your wedding breakfast? My venue I'm looking at want me to pick just one option to serve at the wedding which I'm thinking no 40 people like one meal 🤔

10 replies

Latest activity by Sarahlou86❤, 7 of August of 2022 at 14:33
  • Kate
    Beginner July 2023 Lancashire
    Kate ·
    • Hide content
    My venue is doing this, we can pay extra to have a choice of two meals but I think it's around £9 extra per person! I think it depends on your venue really, but I know people that have been to weddings where they all serve the same meal and there was no issues. My venue will only do something different if a guest have allergies/vegetarian/vegan etc. I think if you pick something pretty standard (chicken, beef) you can't really go wrong!
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Totally normal. We only served one meal of pea and mint soup, slow cooked beef with carrots and fondant potatoes and a banana and toffee cheesecake. The only exceptions were dietary requirements such as veg, gluten free etc. I’ve never been to a wedding where there was a choice to be honest. It gets too costly and complicated otherwise!
  • Aisling
    Curious July 2022 Lothian & Borders
    Aisling ·
    • Hide content

We got married 3 weeks ago and served everyone the same meal (other than allergies and kids of course). We had a meal tasting as part of our package and went for fairly safe choices. We were also having a barbeque later that night so if anyone had really not liked the food they could have filled up at that. We didn't have any complaints though.

• Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    We had a “choice” of two starters and two mains with no choice on desert. I say “choice” because it was meat (fish) or vegetarian. Our venue was happy to let people mix and match between the two but I know some places charge for that. Otherwise, we just asked for dietary requirements and then worked with the venue to accommodate those people (eg a vegan option and a lactose free pudding (as well as GF free bread etc)).
    I’ve been to weddings with no choice before - it’s quite common and it’s one day - people can eat what they are given (subject to dietary requirements of course!).
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Years ago it was common to have two or three choices (usually veggie, fish or chicken and beef) but most weddings I've been to recently have just had the one meal plus dietary requirements. Perhaps it's because so many more people have dietary requirements nowadays - by the time the venue has catered for vegan, gluten free etc, it would be too complex to add menu choices in on top of that?

• H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

We have paid extra to have a choice of 3 options for starters, main & dessert but we only have 27 guests so it wasn't a lot of extra money and easy to manage getting choices from everyone. My OH and I couldn't find a dish that we both wanted for 2 of the courses so it was partly selfish that we wanted to eat what we liked on our wedding day and our guests are just benefitting from the choice as well.

• K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I think that's quite normal. We have one main menu option and then there is a vegetarian/vegan menu.

We are putting on canapes before the wedding breakfast and there is a buffet in the evening. So if people don't like what we have chosen, there is still plenty of food available later.

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Really depends on the venue - our package had choice of two as standard from their "standard" menu or you could upgrade for a fee to the better menu for fancier food and have a choice of three (we're very lucky that my lovely dad who is a big foody has decided to treat us to the upgrade).

Wedding's I've been to in the past have really varied - some have choices, some are buffet, some have no choice. As long as you make sure to ask for dietary requirements I wouldn't worry and just do what's right for you and your budget Smiley smile

• Charlotte
    Dedicated September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I think it’s quite normal for everyone to have the same thing for each course. To keep costs down I believe. It’s impossible to please everyone but we’re just going to try to choose the options more people are likely to enjoy.

• Sarahlou86❤
    Beginner September 2023 Staffordshire
    Sarahlou86❤ ·
    • Hide content
    When we orignaly booked our reception we cud pick 3 meals but now its gone to one choice each course personally feel its a lot better as wont have the stress of people changing thier minds

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics