Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious July 2023 North Yorkshire

Wedding Breakfast

Emma, 26 of February of 2023 at 13:40 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hello, first post and Iam after any advice, feedback or generally people's thoughts please! When we first booked our wedding we were thinking more an informal hot & cold buffet type meal rather than a sit down meal. However, I am now thinking would a sit down meal be better im terms of people being seated and served rather than people wandering upto a buffet and helping themselves.

Part of me wants to be sat down and get served rather than dishing up my own food and same goes for my guests. The other part of me is worried it will be warm and a sit down meal will be the last thing people fancy and maybe a picky buffet would be best.
Can anybody offer any thoughts or what they are doing? My partner would prefer the buffet option but says he will be happy whatever! Iam genuinely torn!

5 replies

Latest activity by Lea, 1 of March of 2023 at 22:35
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

From what I have seen wedding buffets generally are not a free for all, usually each table is invited to go up starting with the top table. But it does depend on your venue how they might handle it.

• K
    Savvy July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Emma, we are having an informal buffet. It’s for our tipi wedding reception so it’s a separate marquee that the catering company will serve food from, a southern slow roast bbq. They’ve said if the best man or someone in the wedding party can let table by gable know when to come up and have food, served my their staff. Hope this helps x
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

If you go for Buffett then you definitely want to have it served to the guests as they go up. we went to a wedding where there was no portion control and as the last table called there was barely anything left, as you still pay for a set amount of portions but some people go a bit mad!

I do personally prefer the sit down option, if is more wedding-ey to me, and is less stressful in terms of management and like you say, is nice to be served. It also controls timings as again at the wedding we went to lots had finished eating before we were even called up and there were then gaps in the day.

I get your concerns about being warm, but unless your venue is outside with no shade I really don't see it as a problem. Personally, food left outside on a hot day is a no for me, which it would be if you did a Buffett outside. If your eating space is inside then is more controlled, but either way you go your guests would still be sat down so for me, the more formal style is easier and means guests can sit and relax without having to get up and down in the heat

• P
    Beginner August 2023 Essex
    Poppy ·
    • Hide content
    If you did want a sit down meal you could always try to pick lighter options for the hot weather, so avoid roasts etc. Might be an option 😊
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

I decided to go for a sit down meal as I think that it's nice to be served rather than having to go up to the buffet.

I have chosen a choice of lighter and a heavier meals so that people can decide as it is a summer wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics