Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Wedding breakfast and evening party in separate rooms?

sunshine_bunny, 4 of April of 2017 at 18:27 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi guys,

The venue we'd really like to have for our ceremony, has a room with a long table for the wedding breakfast and a "cellar" room for the evening party. I've only ever seen weddings where both have taken place in the same room, and I'm not sure how it'll work to suddenly all go over to another room where there's only a dancefloor and no seating...although maybe it'll encourage people to dance?! I'm also not sure what to make of the long table...I quite like round tables. However, we'll only have 20-30 guests, so it's a very intimate weddidng. I've struggled to find a venue for the breakfast and reception (ceremony held in Richmond, Surrey), so perhaps our original venue is the best option and it's not that bad to have separate rooms for all activities?

Thanks!

8 replies

Latest activity by MetalBride, 7 of April of 2017 at 06:44
  • The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

I think one long rectangular table for your numbers will be reallymloveky, for the wedding breakfast.

I personally quite like weddings where the evening is in a different room! I have had a cellar one too, but had small amount of seating. Is there seating at all, or nearby the room?

• Hide content

Sorry, that was meant to be "really lovely" !

• S
    Beginner
    sunshine_bunny ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! Hmm, I need to try to imagine having my breakfast at a long table...I'm not sure why I'm finding it hard to picture that. I've been told that that there can be some seating in the cellars. I haven't seen any evening party photos that have taken place in those cellars, though...

I'm a bit paranoid that not enough people will be dancing, etc, if there's only 20 or so guests!

• S
    Beginner
    sunshine_bunny ·
    • Hide content

I just don't want the wedding breakfast room to look too boring, and I'm not sure how to make a long table more fun...all of the photos I've seen are very elegant and classic, but don't seem to have space to feature anything other than flowers or candles. I just want it to look more personalised.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

We have a long room to dance in and a seperate room to eat in, we also have an outdoor area, this is because we couldn't all fit in the room where we would be dancing, and a lot of my friends smoke. We're going to have entertainment outside and then live bands in the long room, the breakfast room will then become a games room for older folk and those that don't like metal. The venue have held weddings like that for a while and they say it really works well.

The big table will help everyone feel involved especially if there will be people there who don't know each other well, it could be a great ice breaker. Perhaps ask if, like my venue they can pop some seating in around the room and see what they say. It does work nicely, talk it through with the venue and see what they recommend.

• Hide content

Definitely, one big table will make everyone feel involved. Love that it's a bit different and will be intimate, think your guests will like it, just make sure you're happy with it though.

I'm sure people will dance! Is it quite a small space. My regret at our wedding, was the space in the evening was just too big for our numbers and it lacked atmosphere we were after.

• S
    Beginner
    sunshine_bunny ·
    • Hide content

Ok, thanks guys! Any ideas on how we can decorate a small room with just one long table for 20?! I've only seen flowers and candles being used, and I feel other the room is too small for other decorations. Plus, I don't want them to look tacky and out of place in a Victorian hotel, etc.

• MrsScott2be2018
    Beginner September 2018
    MrsScott2be2018 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I would personally like to have seating in the room with dance floor but also a quiet area.

X

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

This is the long table they do at my venue, it's pretty simple but effective.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics