Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jemima Renrut
Beginner October 2013

wedding breakfast background music

Jemima Renrut, 9 April, 2013 at 20:41 Posted on Planning 0 14

We learned at the weekend we can have this, the venue have an iPod connection that comes through speakers. So now I need inspiration. Want a good variety across the ages, nothing depressing, but calm enough for background music. Can all you lovely ladies give me songs or artists with several songs that would be suitable please? I need about 2 hours worth. Thanks!

14 replies

Latest activity by *Funky*, 25 April, 2013 at 22:56
  • TamarValleyGirl
    Beginner May 2013
    TamarValleyGirl ·
    • Hide content

We're using our tablet to do all the music at our wedding. We're going to put all the songs we like on it, then make 2 playlists - one of the slower/quieter songs for the day and one of the noisier/dancier songs for the evening.

So there's no specific style or artists, just 'what we like'

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Boyce Avenue do covers of most songs, would mean it was all the same sort of sound, so calm but still recognisable songs for most there ?

• minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

We are having a mix of The Vitamin Quartet.

The music we like but with a twist Smiley smile

• M
    Dedicated February 2022
    martinkab@hotmail.com ·
    • Hide content

The pianist I've booked, Simon Jordan, lets me choose my own music - but he's got a list of the music he's been asked to play here:

https://www.pianistwedding.co.uk/what-other-people-chose/

Hope this helps!

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

We're going for classical music (which I love anyway) - the venue have a compilation that they provide. We were asked if we'd like to choose our own, and of course I was resolute that I would choose my own....and with two days to go I of course have not chosen my own, and we are going to go with venue's selection!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooh, LOVE these guys!

Unfortunately, our venue has pre-programmed music (aka, the CD changer has broken!) but it's all kinda low-fi jazz stuff, so fine with us. We would DEFINITELY have picked the VSQ otherwise. Love their Pearl Jam covers.

Was seriously thinking of having their version of "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" to walk down the aisle to!!

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on your venue as to whether you even need music. We are in a fairly small room with wooden floors for our wedding breakfast, and when I asked about music or whether the string quartet should play during the meal, the venue said most ppl dont have anything as it can get quite noisy if ppl are talking over music, and that the chatter creates enough background noise

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What LMBB said. We created a playlist for our dinner and there was so much chatter that nobody heard it!

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

These suggestions are interesting I'll take a listen tonight :-) I had wondered if we would need music, the room is quite small

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

I was wonndering if its really needed, but if it is i really like things like debussy's claire de lune, gershwin's rhapsody in blue, a nice blend of 30's or 60'ss jazz.

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

Give these a try...

Zero 7 - Destiny
    Air - All I Need
    Elbow - Mirrorball
    Peter Docherty - For Lovers
    Tom Baxter - Better
    I Am Kloot - Proof

• natally
    Beginner August 2014
    natally ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Straight off to listen to this!

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I just thought is come back and say thanks. Have spent the evening googling your suggestions and I'm loving vitamin string quartet, ive found other similar bands too. I can't believe all the vsq covers. Big 30 seconds to mars fan here, and OH loves a bit of Taylor swift, odd couple really. Anyway, I've also been thinking and if OH likes what i have found as he is out at the minute I think I would like it played while our guests are mingling before dinner while we are having our photos done. I think the wedding breakfast will be fine without music as its a small room. We are trying to make a few bits of our wedding different to what our friends may have seen while keeping it us and I think this might get added into it. Thanks hitched!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Aston are really good for classical covers

https://www.youtube.com/user/astonmusic

If you want something a bit more commercial Ministry of sound did a really good chilled acoustic album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsil37VbLiY

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics