Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

germaki
Beginner October 2013

Wedding breakfast-main and dessert??

germaki, 29 March, 2012 at 21:19 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since i've posted but my Fiance and I have decided on a date-11th October 2013 (my late Father's birthday) and we're starting to look at what our budget will be.

I've been looking at the wedding breakfast and the costings, and I'm considering just having two courses rather than the traditional three. The venues that we are looking at don't do packages per se but a pick and mix option. Our guests would have canapes after the ceremony while photo's are being taken.

Has anyone had two courses or considering it? What are your thoughts??

Thanks in advance Smiley smile

E xx

7 replies

Latest activity by becomingmrsevans, 30 March, 2012 at 08:29
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I've known weddings to have starter and main and cake as dessert.

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to say what a lovely day to chose ?

Two courses with canapes will be fine. With wedding cake too, it'd be more than enough food.

I have seen many people do it this way now.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

*the wedding cake I mean.

• C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

I too would suggest starter and main with wedding cake as dessert, rather than main and dessert. I think either would be fine though, especially as you´re having canapes.

• germaki
    Beginner October 2013
    germaki ·
    • Hide content

I don't think we will have the wedding cake to serve as desert but will keep this for the evening reception and will cut it then and allow our day and evening guests to take a piece/eat it Smiley smile

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I think this sounds fine, often it seems like theres too much food at weddings! I'm torn about when to serve our cake because it seems silly to do it right after people have just eaten a 3 course dinner!!

• germaki
    Beginner October 2013
    germaki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is the reason why We'll be keeping the cake for the evening reception Smiley smile

• becomingmrsevans
    Beginner August 2012
    becomingmrsevans ·
    • Hide content

As someone who struggles to eat 3 courses without feeling bloated. So we're just having a main and dessert (the best courses in my mind). We're not doing canapes either, if people feel that they are hungry - they can buy themselves some crisps from the bar. Then for the evening reception we're having bacon or beef baps and the cake will be served then after it's been cut, of course.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics