Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner November 2013

Wedding brought forward!!

pringchan, 22 of August of 2013 at 08:15 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi hitchers

havnt posted much on here just come on everyday to have a nose at everyone else's plans. Me and my oh got engaged in march this year on our 3 year anniversary, we chose venue and booked for 31st may next year.

My father in law to be has been under going a series of tests over the past few weeks and to be honest it's not looking very good, suspected lung and liver cancer :-( we don't actually get the results until next Tuesday but we've bit the bullet n decided to move the wedding forward whatever the outcome (we didn't really want to do it on a negative note) so here I am now instead of having 10 months to finalise everything I now have 10 weeks eeek!! I feel sick every time I think about it.

Luckily it wasn't too much trouble moving everything n everyone has been so helpful, so today me and my mum are off to venue at 11 to go thru everything with them then I have my first dress fitting I'm so excited xxxx

3 replies

Latest activity by pringchan, 22 of August of 2013 at 19:31
  • alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry it's such a sad reason as to why you're bringing your wedding forward. Are you panicking because you have nothing planned or because it's so close? I'm sure that the excitement will creep in as soon as you've been to the venue and had your dress fitting. Good luck with your planning ?

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    clareio ·
    • Hide content

10 weeks! eek, i get married in 12 and i think i'd have a breakdown if i was only just starting... let us all know if you need help with anything, also the for sale section on here and ebay may well become your best friends!

• J
    Beginner January 2012
    joannag1 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Pringchan

Your story sounds so familiar to mine Smiley sad My wedding is currently booked for 31st May 2104 and has been for 12 months, 2 months ago my dad was diagnosed with Lung cancer that had also spread to his liver, he is currently going through chemo. We was told it cant be cured jusy hopefully shrunk and life expectancy is 6-12 months. Im lost i dont know what do, by christmas we should know if its worked or not and i think it will be then when i say ok lets bring it forward a few months or leave it!! He says im not allowed to move it forward as hes determined to fight it and prove doctors wrong and walk his little girl down the isle as he says!! (iv got tears in my eyes!!) oh dear!! I am totally lost at the moment and my wedding mojo has gone!

Hope you get good news, kewep everything crossed for you xx

Joanna xx

• P
    Beginner November 2013
    pringchan ·
    • Hide content

Hi Joanna

so sorry to hear your news, I couldn't believe how similar our situations are. I'm not surprised your mojo has gone when you have this to deal with, we've had to get on with the planning although my heart is not in it as much as it was, were just keeping our fingers and toes crossed that the outcome will be a different story.

On a brighter note everything went well today and it's all coming together nicely.

Will keep you n your father in my thoughts and hopefully you can still have the wedding you dream of, let me know how you get on

love Katie xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics