Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2016

Wedding Budget!!!

LOrdanez, 30 of January of 2015 at 16:11 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi!

I just got engaged and decided to start looking for wedding venues around south devon. I have visited loads of wedding venues around here but gaawd theyre hella expsensive! Does anyone know if there are any offers on "bride on budget package" anywhere? I budgeted £5,000 for the wedding.

Thanks im advance!

6 replies

Latest activity by *Pugsley*, 31 of January of 2015 at 17:56
  • miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Where are you based lovely? congratulations on your engagement Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement!

If you're on a tight budget perhaps start looking at local halls, function rooms etc. That way you may be able to provide your own buffet, which will also work out cheaper. Good Luck!

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

We're getting married at a register office and having a party at a village hall, with their own bar. Got a weekend deal - 1pm Friday to 11am Sunday - to allow for decorating and clearing up. All comes to the princely sum of £500. It's in a lovely little village and has a river running through the garden, with willow trees. Very much us, and much more relaxed than a formal venue package, so well worth looking at that sort of thing if you don't mind a blank canvas to play with ?

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    LOrdanez ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

Im in newton abbot area

• Dodie123
    Beginner March 2016
    Dodie123 ·
    • Hide content

Heya, congrats btw! Me and the OH we're looking at the deer park country house hotel. It's in honiton which isn't too far from Newton really! Was a bit too far for my side of family as I'm from plymouth and OH's family is spread around Newton, Torquay, Teignmouth and Paignton! But this is from their website which might be of interest to you! Off Peak Weddings from just £3,995
    We’re offering a frightfully good package for off peak weddings for 50 fellow guests.

This simply splendid package includes:

- Room hire for your wedding reception
    - Arrival mulled wine
    - Scrumptious 3 course wedding breakfast
    - Half bottle of house wine with your meal
    - Glass of bubbly for the toast
    - Evening pulled pork with trimmings
    - Table linen and napkins
    - Complimentary hotel room for Bride and Groom
    - Designated wedding co-ordinator

Additional guests can be added for just £75.00 per person.
    Additional evening guests can be added at £10.95 per person.

This offer really is top notch, and is available Sunday- Thursday from 1st October-31st December or any day of the week in January and February 2016. You simply must book soon as it’s subject to availability. We’re sorry to say we can’t accept bookings on Saturdays or Bank Holidays. X

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

Keep an eye on groupon and wowcher, they often have wedding deals on there, all inclusive for some amazing venues at low prices

eg

http://www.wowcher.co.uk/travel-deals/plymouth/deal-273668-detail/1499-wedding-package-choice-4-options-dog-inn/deal.html?searchresult=true

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/dealbank_en_gb/ga-kinnettles-castle-2/53050046

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/dealbank_en_gb/ga-sedgebrook-hall-3/54435936

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I was also going to say to keep an eye out for groupon deals.

Friends of mine got married in a nice pub which had a great function room upstairs and their whole package was £1k so it might be worth looking at nice pubs local to you to see whether they do something similar.

Then look on the high street, a sample sale or pre-loved for a bargain dress. I personally wouldn't recommend a dress from China having read and heard of so many horror stories as it sounds like a waste of money as you'll just have to buy another one.

You could also DIY a lot of bits to put the personal touch in and save some money.

Buy an M&S or Waitrose cake... still fantastic cakes but a fraction of the price.

Good luck with all your planning.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics