Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2025 Ceredigion

Wedding cake

Amy, 23 of February of 2024 at 18:59 Posted on Planning 0 4
What flavour wedding cake are you all going for? We are having a small wedding and it's going to be served as the desert at the wedding breakfast so it can't be different flavoured tiers because the venue just need to be able to cut it and bring it around for people. Neither my partner or I actually like fruit cake which I think is the traditional option.

4 replies

Latest activity by Ivana, 27 of February of 2024 at 15:23
  • S
    Curious March 2025 Nottinghamshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    We also do not like fruit cake and are thinking of 3 separate cakes - 1 lemon, 1 carrot cake the last we are still debating but may be a coffee and walnut or cherry bakewell flavour 😀
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you're just going for one flavour, then I'd probably stick to plain vanilla since that's the one that is likely to be most widely accepted.

However, it should be possible to have two or more flavours in different tiers/cakes. Most weddings I've been to where they have had different flavours, the staff bring round trays with a choice on, and people pick what they want off the tray.

• A
    Beginner July 2025 Ceredigion
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh excellent, thank you so much. I might go for 3 different tiers then.
  • Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly, it depends. Are you going to be taking photos cutting into the cake? Will the cake be on display at all? If the cake is just going to be at the back, go for sheet cakes in different flavours. You can have a small cake at the front where you and your partner can cut into and then for all the guests at the back will be sheet cakes. It is usually way cheaper than having a tiered cake.

For flavours go for the classics and most popular flavours like vanilla, red velvet, chocolate, carrot cake. Some other popular flavours are chocolate cake with oreo filling, chocolate/vanilla cake with salted caramel and lemon. It all depends on what you and your fiance like to eat.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics