Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsToffee
Expert April 2015

Wedding Cake

MrsToffee, 1 of January of 2014 at 21:57 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all; finally started looking into actually booking stuff again now Christmas is over instead of just wasting time on Pinterest! Anyway; have been looking at cakes and have a quick question; do the evening guests get to have some cake? We will be having 45ish people at the ceremony but an extra 100ish in the evening; we will be having dessert as part of the meal but don't want to order a massive cake if it's not going to get served!

Thanks!

7 replies

Latest activity by Arun, 4 of April of 2023 at 18:11
  • MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I was an evening guest recently & when we were leaving we for given a favour & a slice of wedding cake! I think it's your choice when & who you give the cake out to...x

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I was wondering this too as I don't have much wedding experience. I asked OH if the cake cutting is at the end of the meal or at the evening reception and he said "I don't know I don't pay much attention to that stuff I'm usually drunk at weddings"... helpful!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I've seen the cake being served as the pudding for the wedding breakfast but more often than not, it is cut up after you have done the cake cutting and then served with the evening food.

• *2014bride*
    Beginner August 2014
    *2014bride* ·
    • Hide content

The last wedding I went to had their cake cut up and put put with the evening buffet. It seemed a good idea to me as it was part of the buffet and people didn't feel like they had to have some... I think I will do something like that and not worry about numbers because there is plenty of other food Smiley smile

• Studying&Planning
    Beginner April 2014
    Studying&Planning ·
    • Hide content

I've seen it cut in both the before evening guests arrive and after they have arrived configuration.. If you are already having a pudding as part of the meal already, save the cake for about 30 mins after the advertised arrival time of your evening guests. It means they get to see something weddingy (they get a photo op after they have arrived, of the happy couple gazing longingly at each other) and it's an extra mid evening snack-ette to keep the sugar levels up in the party revellers.

hope this helps.

Beginner April 2014
    **Claire** ·
    • Hide content

I think traditionally you cut the cake after the meal but it's becoming more common to wait and cut it in the evening. I'm doing this as it's something more weddingy for the evening guests and then hopefully you are serving the cake when people are slightly less stuffed!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all; that's really helpful! I like the idea of letting the evening guests see it then just have it put out; especially as well be having 3 flavours so they can choose then! We also wanted a cheese cake for the evening but the venue were a bit uncertain over whether we'd be allowed as it meant we were effectively bringing in two lots of food from outside (not sure what the problem would be; we'd still be paying full price for the evening buffet!); they hinted that if we had it as a 'cake for the evening guests' with the wedding cake being served earlier they'd be ok with it so may have to double check that one!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics