Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2022 Cheshire

Wedding Cake/ Cupcakes

Karlad22, 29 of August of 2020 at 10:07 Posted on Planning 0 1
So for our cake we wanted a 2 or 3 tier buttercream and chocolate drip cake with chocolate explosion on the top but when getting quotes I was in shock at the costs! ? Cheapest around £160 and I really don't want to be spending that on a cake to feed guests ? Instead I was thinking of getting a small wedding cake like a supermarket bought one for around £15 (for me, partner and our 2 daughters) and then lots of cupcakes for the guests (approx 100 guests). That way I think it will be alot cheaper ??‍♀️ I am happy enough to buy the cupcake platters that you see in the supermarket for £4 (12 pack) as I'm not fussed about them being "wedding themed". That would work out no more than £50 which was my budget for a cake. Has anyone got any tips?

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 30 of August of 2020 at 14:00
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Go for it! It really bugs me that people charge so much just because it's a wedding cake. I rang 3 companies for quotes for a plain white iced fruit cake to serve 30 - two of them quoted around £40 over the phone - when I asked for the quote to be emailed, they asked for the date and event to put on their quote...and the quotes came through at £75/£80. When I rang up to query why the price had doubled, I was told 'because it's a wedding cake'...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics