Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Dedicated October 2023 Cumbria

Wedding cake flavours

Elizabeth, 10 of January of 2023 at 21:35 Posted on Planning 0 9
Hi all, just looking for some inspiration for wedding cake flavours! Also, I just love cake so I’m intrigued to hear what people are having.

We’re thinking of sticky toffee pudding and maybe a proper fudgey chocolate cake. Crowd pleasers. We’re getting married in autumn so light and fruit flavours didn’t feel right.
What will you be having?

9 replies

Latest activity by Melissa, 15 of January of 2023 at 16:35
  • Ellen91
    Dedicated October 2023 West London
    Ellen91 ·
    • Hide content
    We are also having an autumn wedding, the main thing for us is that we like the cake flavours!

We are going for chocolate, lemon and vanilla. My thoughts on your two flavours are that they could be quite heavy, if they are being stacked on top of each other you may want to ask your cake maker if these flavours would be okay to not squash each other. You may also find that some people will not each much cake as they are quite rich flavours, but that is fine! More cake for you at the end of the night!
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

We had chocolate fudge and Victoria sponge. I thought the chocolate one would be more popular, because none of our dessert options were chocolate, so I chose that as the bigger tier. Instead the Victoria almost went on the night and I had 2 boxes of the chocolate left over (1 of which is still in my freezer).
    We got married in November and I don't think the time of year matters much with flavours. I do wonder if both of those are too similar and a bit rich so maybe look at something contrasting to give options to your guests but that you still like.
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

We’re having 3 flavours - I chose carrot as it’s my favourite, FH chose cookies &cream, and then we’re having generic Victoria as well.

• Deborah
    Beginner June 2023 Central & Glasgow
    Deborah ·
    • Hide content
    We are having three flavours - bottom tier will be chocolate with hazelnut ganache, middle tier will be lemon and poppy seed and top tier will either be mango and passion fruit or coconut and lime. I was also intrigued by pistachio and raspberry. Then of course there are old favourites like Victoria sponge, red velvet, carrot etc…
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

My mum's making us a brownie pyramid instead of a cake!

If it's helpful, my dad made an interesting point about factoring in what your dessert flavours will be and giving a nice balance with your cake. So, because we're going for very chocolatey brownies for our "cake", we're not picking a chocolatey dessert and instead we've got creme brulee, lemon tart and salted caramel cheesecake so then the overall "sweet treats" on offer for the day are quite varied!

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    Yes, good advice about the flavours both being quite rich. I didn’t consider that. My partner and I love cake so we don’t mind if there’s plenty of leftovers 😂 I do think a rich and a light option is probably the way to go now
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hazelnut ganache sounds amazing!
  • A
    Dedicated October 2023 Surrey
    AmesLou ·
    • Hide content

We have a cake consultation next month so we haven't picked anything for definite yet but I'm hoping for a different flavour for each tier. I'm thinking that one tier will probably be standard sponge cake, but I am desperate for a chocolate and orange tier! Other ones I think sound nice and salted caramel, or white chocolate and raspberry.

• A
    Dedicated October 2023 Surrey
    AmesLou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, a brownie pyramid sounds amazing!!! Smiley love

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics