Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Dedicated August 2024 East London

Wedding Cake Flavours

Ivana, 13 of March of 2024 at 08:10 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi ladies,

I would love to hear your recommendations on wedding cake flavours. I'm struggling to decide what flavours to have for our wedding.

My mom and I will be making the cake and desserts ourselves since we have a small baking business (however, never done a wedding cake before) but I'm unsure of what flavours to go for. I know not everyone likes to eat cake, but I want to at least have a flavour the majority of the people will eat. My fiance has no idea what flavour he wants, but does not like fruits in cakes so that's out of the question.

We are also going to have a dessert table so would you recommend making less cake (I'm considering two tier cake rather than three), I don't want to have a lot of leftovers and then no one is taking any home.

Any suggestions would help.

13 replies

Latest activity by Mark, 6 of September of 2024 at 08:39
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I used to make cakes for charity coffee mornings, and on the basis of what sold out fastest/had least left over, the top two flavours were always lemon and chocolate. Vanilla seemed next most popular, and then fruit cake/coffee/ginger.

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    We have just ordered our sample box! 😬😬 vanilla, carrot, lemon, biscoff, Chocolate and Raspberry white chocolate! We already know we will have the first 3!
  • I
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi, thanks for the response and recommendations. Definitely been thinking about chocolate and vanilla. Might have to go with the basics.
  • I
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi, these sound lovely and delicious!!! I was thinking if I should be ordering a sample box too but if I’m making it myself idk if it’s worth it.
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Make your own little box! I didn’t know we were getting one until my cake lady text me the other day! I thought we just picked our flavors and that was that so we are excited to try!
  • I
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Might try to do that, thanks
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    It came today!!!! Lemon, Victoria and Biscoff is actually our favourite! All gorgeous. Except the chocolate.
  • I
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love biscoff but my fiancé is not a big fan of it. Lemon seems to be popular among people too and it’s good for the summer, might have to consider it. Thanks for getting back to me with feedback!
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A lot of people I know don’t like it either but a lot of people I know do! It can be very sickening I guess! No problem at all! X
  • J
    Curious July 2024 Norfolk
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    We have gone with a lemon tier and a coconut tier, I can’t remember the filling flavours. Its a summer wedding so we wanted light cakes and flavours.
  • I
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a very good idea!!!! Might need to look into the flavours and make some cakes to taste in advance. Thanks!

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Sample boxes are a great way to taste many flavours!

We went for strawberry and champagne, lemon and biscoff! All our faves :-)
  • M
    East Central London
    Mark ·
    • Hide content

How amazing that you and your mom are making the cake yourselves! Since your fiance is not into fruit cakes I’d suggest classic flavors like vanilla, chocolate, red velvet or even a coffee or salted caramel option.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics