Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2015

Wedding cake from M&S/Waitrose/Tesco ?

lindabelle66, 19 of July of 2015 at 21:27 Posted on Planning 0 12

My friend was going to be making my wedding cake - unfortunately she has got carpel tunnel syndrome and is having an operation which means she wont be able to do the icing and the decorating :-(

I could probably do a reasonable job myself but i thought id test the water and see if any of you lovely people have bought a wedding cake from Marksies / Waitrose etc and what the quality was like? I dont want anything huge, we have a small budget and a small wedding!

Thanks!

12 replies

Latest activity by LeighB3, 20 of July of 2015 at 18:23
  • D
    Beginner July 2016
    dizzybusyblondebride ·
    • Hide content

M and s cakes are lovely!!

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know about M&S or Waitrose, but I know quite a few people who have had very small "traditional" wedding cakes made, for example, maybe just the top tier you save for your anniversary and one other small layer, that they display and use for photos. Then they have sheet cakes from grocery stores in the kitchen that can be sliced for the guests. That way you are not paying expensive wedding cake prices to feed everyone, but still have something beautiful for photos.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Marks and Spencers are delicious. If you are unsure, you can order samplers for £4 each (we did). I believe M&S have updated their range adding a two-tier cake and a five-tier cake too. They also have a video on their website showing how to put the tiers together.

I haven't looked at Waitrose or Tesco so can't comment on that.

• kelly17687
    Beginner May 2016
    kelly17687 ·
    • Hide content

M&S cakes are lovely.

When we were at asda at the weekend I noticed they had a wedding cake for £35. It's quite small but did look nice, I tried to find it on the website for you but it's not coming up x

• V
    Beginner October 2015
    Vicki2015 ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for M&S wedding cakes here! A wedding we were at a couple months ago had their cake from M&S and it was lovely plus looked really good too. We will be getting one for our wedding later this year

• charlie_rabbit01
    Dedicated June 2020
    charlie_rabbit01 ·
    • Hide content

We're having a tesco finest red velvet cake. Its delicious.

• K
    Beginner April 2017
    KJHLee ·
    • Hide content

I saw that £35 three tier cake in Asda too. Shame it was fruit cake Smiley sad I was so disappointed. We're going to try a taster of M&S lemon. We're having a small single tier cake and mini three tier cupcakes.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsWebberToBe ·
    • Hide content

Mine was an M&S cake and was delicious, I had a fruit tier and sponge and everyone commented on how delicious they were.

• R
    Beginner August 2015
    R0S ·
    • Hide content

We've alsogot a cake from marks, heard nothing but good about them.

• J
    Beginner June 2016
    Jade8 ·
    • Hide content

I've not had one myself but I have heard really good reviews about M&S cakes from various sources Smiley smile

• O
    Beginner August 2015
    okydoke ·
    • Hide content

We're having the white roses cake for our wedding. I did have someone booked to make it, but she decided to book a holiday instead, so I thought M&S won't let me down!

• L
    Beginner October 2015
    LeighB3 ·
    • Hide content

Ordered an M&S cake today! We've gone for a 3 tier chocolate cake Smiley smile I ordered the sample too for £4, it was delicious.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics