Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner December 2014

Wedding Cake - Lets Flash?

WinterBride14, 18 of April of 2014 at 10:42 Posted on Planning 0 36

Hi I thought it might be a nice idea to flash our wedding cake inspiration. This is ours although it will be square with a difference at the back where we're wanting cute sugar people of ourselves, my son and our cat placed.

36 replies

Latest activity by ShropshireLass, 29 of April of 2014 at 10:15
  • MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

Love all the flowers on your cake!

I think our cake is one of the things I am most excited about...1 tier banoffee (top tier just for us? ) then chocolate orange then a lemon then a vanilla! What flavours are you having?

Ours will be like this but 4 tiers with the sugar flowers cascading all the way down mostly roses in dusky pinks and purples.

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Not really decided on the flavours yet but thinking traditional fruit, chocolate, lemon, orange & vanilla. Lots for everyone to choose from but like you, the top layer is ours alone!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds amazing Mrs Boo!

This is the inspiration for ours...

We are going to have the top and bottom tiers with the mustard yellow decorations and then have beach huts on the middle tier in navy, gray and mustard ;-)

It is being made by my very talented bridesmaid and we are having traditional fruit for the bottom tier, coconut for the middle and lemon for the top.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Ours was inspired by a photo that our cake maker had which I can't find on the net anywhere. It's similar to the one below but a bit simpler, with pale pink, pale peach and mint green roses, leaves and peonies. We've got four flavours: Cherry bakewell, Belgian chocolate and orange, Lemon, and honey infusion. Can't wait to see and taste it now!

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

This is mine Smiley smile

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

This is ours but we are having 5 tiers (red velvet, carrot, fruit, butterscotch and one dummy tier). The ribbon will be pink with a gold broach. The cake is sparkly but you can't tell from this pic.

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

Mmmm cake Smiley smile This is ours

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

mine was form top to bottom: light fruit, carrot cake, sponge and chocolate fudge!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

This is ours but with celtic knots instead of the dots and a personalised topper not flowers x

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

They all look lovely. Here is our inspiration. 3 tiers. Carrot. Lemon & choc & praline.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Mmmm...chocolate and praline sounds delicious!

• C
    Beginner May 2014
    cmchannon ·
    • Hide content

This is our wedding cake inspiration however we are only having 3 tiers (bottom fruit, top 2 sponge) We are altering it slightly, we are having the pattern in brown with blue buds on it and blue ribbon around it.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

This was a photo we liked online. We have decided to alternate a black wrapper layer, then a white wrapper layer. Chocolate cakes, and vanilla cakes.

The top cake has a ribbon that matches our theme, and our cake topper instead of that mass of black flowers.

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    CoopsJ68 ·
    • Hide content

Cake wasn't top of our budget , even thought about just having a Victoria sponge :-). But then decided to go with one along these lines in our colours of Ivory and Navy. I've ordered the flowers and cake topper to match bouquet flowers. And hopefully using cutoffs of BM dresses ( need altering as very long ! ) for the ribbon ! Sorry if pic huge , not great on flashing !

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

Oh noooo, don't know how to flash. Help!!

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

We dont actually know what our cake is going to look like.

My mother in law has he own cake business and is doing our cake as a present, she told us to collect some photos of cakes we both like, and she is going to make something completely unique. its is going to be around 7 tiers (not all cake, no1 can eat that much cake)

some of the ones we loved:

• MrsBeckiW
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsBeckiW ·
    • Hide content

Our topper (sorry, any excuse to flash it again)

We are having a three tier version of this with a lilac flower

A mixture of chocolate and vanilla sponge with a multi coloured bottom tier

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Stunning!

Lynne

• EdenNI
    Beginner December 2014
    EdenNI ·
    • Hide content

My fiancé's auntie is making our cake and we haven't really chatted much about it yet but it will definitely be some kind of chocolate flavour!! I'm thinking either plain or plain with gold and a topper like this one... This thread is making me hungry for cake Smiley winking

• A
    Beginner June 2015
    Anne2015 ·
    • Hide content

Something like this design for us!

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

This is mine. Although we are having cake lace at the bottom instead. Hope I've managed my first flash correctly!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I can't do a flash for ours as it's totally unique and been designed by us and our cake maker and wouldn;t know what to flash lol. So you'll have to wait a year for real pics lol. But - it's going to have two round tiers slightly offset. On top is going to be a model of our caravan with "just married" bunting hanging in the windows. There's going to be models of our crocs sat on the step. Then sitting on the lower tier will be models of us in our wedding finery, then all around the cake will be models of trees, the river and signs to show exactly where we are in Betws Y Coed. Lower tier will be lemon cake and the top will be chocolate. Can't wait.

Here's her FB page where you can see some of her work:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Let-Them-Eat-Cake/181927875162055?fref=ts

• MrsOh
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsOh ·
    • Hide content

Ours is a milk chocolate wrapped version of this without flowers, four tiers. From top to bottom; carrot cake and chocolate orange mix, white chocolate with raspberry jam, chocolate orange and finally Belgian chocolate fudge. I CANT wait!!

• .A.S.
    Beginner July 2014
    .A.S. ·
    • Hide content

Sorry it's so huge... We are have raspberry ripple, white chocolate and vanilla sponge. Stuck on a suitable cake topper that suits... But so in love with our Wimbledon cake for Wimbledon weekend x

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

WOAH hold the phone. Is that a RICE KRISPIE CAKE?!

Why didn't I think of that?! Your wedding WINS.

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely idea! We've just done wedding cake meeting this weekend, and ours is a Streatley Village Cakes creation. It's based on the below, but with real silver leaf instead of the coloured snowflakes, a lustre on the whole cake, aubergine ribbon and more snow to keep OH happy - it reflects our "winter but not Christmas" pseudo theme.

We're musing on flavours but are thinking lemon drizzle, chocolate with ganache filling, and a fruit cake top layer to take away with us... just one more layer to picl.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Some amazing cakes here ladies, both in style and flavour.

We're still wondering about ours so just commenting so I can find this thread again easily for inspiration. Hope you don't mind!

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

We had 4 tiers...2 lemon, 1 vanilla & one double choc.

Everyone thought the flowers were real but they're all handmade from fondant!! I loved our cake, it was so pretty!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics