Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fleur10
Beginner June 2011

Wedding cakes - buying them ready made

Fleur10, 18 January, 2011 at 20:27 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all, H2B and I are seriously thinking of getting a 2 tier cake from Waitrose, M&S etc and then getting a friend to decorate it for us. If you have gone down this route we would be interested to know what stores you would recommend or avoid and did your cake taste as good as any made to order wedding cake you have tasted before?

Flashes of cakes for inspriration would also be very appreciated.

Thanks ?

6 replies

Latest activity by Fcerrino, 21 January, 2011 at 20:54
  • Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

Wow that looks lovely, was it fruit or sponge inside? Did you do the decoration yourself?

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I am having the same cake as jelly,you can choose your fillings...fruit/sponge or chocolate i think ,the cake comes in chocolate at well. Costs £199 and serves 130 folk i think.

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

I'll have to take a look at their site, we only need a cake to feed 50 at the most.

• P
    Beginner May 2014
    patsy166 ·
    • Hide content

I am just buying a ready made cake from M&S, and decorating it myself, or thats the plan lol! Don't see why I should spend a fortune for something hardly anyone eats, and the money could be better spent somewhere else.

Pat

• Fcerrino
    Beginner May 2011
    Fcerrino ·
    • Hide content

My MIL2B is making our cake for us, which ends up even cheaper! She is doing a layer of fruit then sponge, putting columns between and filling the gap with cream roses. White icing and gold organza ribbon around the bottom. we are copying the one from the waitrose wedding cake book. Really simple and pretty.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics