Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

miaajane
Beginner September 2016

Wedding Car Etiquette

miaajane, 23 of March of 2015 at 09:49 Posted on Planning 0 4

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE

Hello Lovely Brides to Be,

Me and my fiancé went to a wedding fayre on Sunday (Oh such fun!) and we sat in a few wedding cars spoke to some people about prices. I’m a little confused about who should be riding to my ceremony in them. I’ve two bridesmaid’s for my wedding and they are getting ready with me at a hotel. So my question is – How many cars do I need? My dad will be getting ready at his house with his wife and their 2 kids then going to the church. Does he need to ride in a car with me ? Can I just have 1 for myself and my bridesmaid’s?

Arrghhhhh !!

Thank you J

4 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 23 of March of 2015 at 14:50
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Traditionally your bridesmaids and your mum go in one car, and you and your dad go in another. Nowadays though anything goes! I had a big car so that my mum, bridesmaids, dad and myself could all travel together Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    mrsgzd ·
    • Hide content

As above. Anything really goes nowadays.

Best to think of where your having the reception and ceremony, if at separate places you would ideally need 2 so for the journey to the reception you and your husband go in one car and then bridesmaids, parents go in another. If ceremony and reception is in one place you could just get a bigger car or limo so you can all go in together x

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Rather than your Dad meeting you at the ceremony could he get ready at his house and then come to you at the hotel and then you travel together. Quite often I see the 1 car make two trips so the bridesmaids go first and then it would come back for you and Dad. The reason I suggest for him to come to you is that way any tears /emotions, re applying of make up can be done there as opposed to at the ceremony.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very good point there, I burst into tears when my dad came to my room to get me!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

If you want to keep it traditional this is what I'd suggest:

You book one car but it does all the journeys.

Your dad's wife takes their kids to the church in their car. Your dad is collected by the wedding car and taken to meet you. He stays with you while the car takes your BM's to the church.

The car comes back and then takes you and your dad to the church.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics