Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner January 1999

Wedding car for very short journey SW London?

Kilner, 5 of May of 2015 at 20:06 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello

I need to get from the hotel to the venue (also with mum and 2 bridesmaids all in the same vehicle).

I would like a nice car but it doesn't have to be a wedding car as such. The cheapest I have found is £160 for a white wedding taxi which would be good as we can all fit in easily in one trip. The issue I have is that the journey will take no longer than 10 mins so probably won't have the car for more than 30 mins in total.

Am I being tight or does this sound reasonable for such a short trip? Anyone know if I could get anything else in SW London area?

Thanks for any comments.

8 replies

Latest activity by ricepudding, 5 of May of 2015 at 21:39
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Do you really need a special car? Would a normal taxi or a friends car do?

Looking back at my wedding photos, I have NONE on the wall with the wedding car in it, and only choose 2 to go in the album. For a 10min journey, I'd use the £160 elsewhere and get a normal cab.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Give local taxi companies a call and ask if they have any nice cars they'd be willing to send out for you. A few of our couples have done this when the journey is short. Twice we've had a Mercedes from a taxi firm and on both occasions they also added ribbon ?

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - yes it does seem a lot of money. Sadly we don't have any friends or family with a decent car lol!

Good idea though to see if I can get a 'posher' car from a cab company. Will start more researching........?

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    ricepudding ·
    • Hide content

What company quoted £160 if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to decide the same but have been told much more for a white taxi!

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    littleredfairy ·
    • Hide content

My mate got a premium Addison Lee car in sw London Wandsworth to Putney. I must say it was lovely and didn't cost that much.

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here is the link to the special offers - our wedding is a Tuesday so maybe that is why it's cheaper...

https://weddingtaxis.co.uk/special-offers/

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    ricepudding ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup that would make sense! I'm getting married on a Saturday. I wonder about just asking local taxi firms if they have a white car? I'm not that fussed about cars either to be honest...

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content

Just contacted a private hire company... even more expensive - £250!

Yeah not fussed but don't want a cab with signage all over it either!

Will keep looking.........?

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    ricepudding ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics