Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Horace
Dedicated November 2013

Wedding card box - DIY

Horace, 5 of November of 2013 at 23:09 Posted on Planning 0 28

Hi Hitchers! I have 3 weeks to my wedding and as a fairly competent crafter have left it until now to start making my card box. It is so far a disaster! The box I acquired from work is too industrial looking and my spray paint job is not good. I need to find a decent box to use as a base but googling gift boxes, cardboard boxes, boxes with lids and shoe boxes has for me nowhere! If you have made or are making your own box what have you used?! Flash me, please!!! I am also having a mare with my Christmas tree table plan but that's a whole other topic...!

28 replies

Latest activity by Chris265, 18 of January of 2014 at 10:21
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

We bought this plain wooden box from eBay...

And decorated it ourselves...

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
  • Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooohhh life saver! I think I am just so stressed, tired and weddinged out now that I have lost the ability to google! I am ordering one of those!

Also loving the wooden box idea but suspect I won't have time to do that justice!

Now if anyone can find me a 4ft pre lit Xmas tree (green with white lights) for about £30 I'll be sorted! ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I had the same as MrsMain.

Is this one about £30? The website doesn't work brilliantly on my phone! http://homeshopping.24studio.co.uk/christmas-book/christmas-time/christmas-trees/1/prelit-deluxe-trees/1?wmpsorigin=christmas&search_term=trees

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
  • Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

I've ordered this

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That looks lovely!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, wanted to keep it simple and pretty. OP not sure if this is any good? Its a ft taller than you wanted but im thinking time / accessability wise https://direct.asda.com/5ft-(150cm-)-Pop-up-Christmas-Tree/001889524,default,pd.html

• D
    Beginner April 2014
    DaisyDot ·
    • Hide content

We're going for an old hamper (broken and "borrowed" from work) and I'm just going to staple gun some fabric in it and have a 'CARDS' bunting/banner in it and leave it open. I hope it'll take me all of 5 minutes...

• I
    Beginner August 2014
    Iona1651 ·
    • Hide content

I've seen some pretty boxes for around £9.99 in TK Maxx. I think I'll opt for one of those, less stress, plus, nobody will really be impressed by a fancy one as they'll be more interested in when the food will be served! Mum says the cards were just put on a table for the best man to read out when she got married.

• Married With Love
    Beginner June 2014
    Married With Love ·
    • Hide content

Got an old suitcase you can style up?

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is lovely! You inspired me so I ordered the same as MrsMain2B and will decorate with silver sparkly ribbon! Thank you!

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

P.s thanks to everyone for your tree suggestions. I only had space for a 4ft tree and it was turning into such a pain finding exactly the right one so I have now gone for a silver manzanita tree instead! Feels good to be ticking things off my list! 3 weeks 1 day to go!

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for this thread, I was planning on having a basket decorated with ribbon and flowers until my mum said 'what about if there is money in the envelopes, it might get stolen' the thought never crossed my mind and now I'm paranoid so will buy a box now to make it a bit harder for the dishonest people to dip in!

• D
    Beginner April 2014
    DaisyDot ·
    • Hide content

This is amazing - wish I could steal it - my colour is mint green lol Smiley laugh I'm going to save this pic and turn the wicker hamper into it....

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

I ordered this from ebay on Thursday and it arrived Saturday, for £4.99 is great, pretty sturdy and looks smart for a cardboard box. With a bit of decoration it'll be just the job!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220632864196?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

£15 decorated. Bargain! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=402568313108775&set=a.402568259775447.98547.178978192134456&type=3&theater

or just the sign for the box £5 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=447487245283548&set=a.402568259775447.98547.178978192134456&type=3&theater

• Jens Hand Crafted Stationery
    Jens Hand Crafted Stationery ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Nicola - DaffodilWaves!

I have the regular wedding type post boxes so if your after something quick then I can put one together ASAP for you.

I've not done mint green yet on a post box buts it this years up and coming colour that's for sure! I'vemade a few invite samples in that colour already in the last few weeks.

if your on fb take a peek through this album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.402568259775447.98547.178978192134456&type=3 it's what I've created already but all can be changed to suit mint green.

Drop me a message if you want to talk.

Jen xx

• INeverThought
    INeverThought ·
    • Hide content

Try ebay white cake boxes or post box there are lots there you can decorate good luck

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

So I ordered a card box from Amazon and have now finished decorating it - here's the finished box!

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

So I ordered a card box from Amazon and have now finished decorating it - here's the finished box!

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh, very pretty, well done ;-)

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Wow that looks fab! Well done.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Looks fab.

I've not even taken mine out of the packaging yet!

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I bought a postbox from ebay and then deorated it for my daughter. It was not expensive and we made it match the other flowers and decor.

Lynne

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! I am really pleased with it ?

Am now in wedding week - big day is Friday eeek!

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Chris265 ·
    • Hide content

We ordered a wedding card sack from a company called wellpersonalised - think ours was £12 which included personalisation too- think I have seen them on getting personal too

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics