Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2016

Wedding Cars

S and S Wedding , 8 of February of 2015 at 11:51 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi

I am starting to look for wedding cars but have no inspiration on what to go for. Neither of us are particularly interested in cars and so do not want to spend too much on them either. Any thoughts or ideas??

Thank you

Sophie

11 replies

Latest activity by Moonbeam88, 9 of February of 2015 at 22:22
  • bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

This is the car im having. its around £325 which is pricey but its the car ive always wanted

There are loads options though, there is a taxi firm near me that does "fancy taxis" and all the drivers wear suits so not your typical taxi car

you could even look at something like this

i guess it depends on your style and budget Smiley smile

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh Toby! We work with him all the time- he's fabulous!

We're not having wedding cars ourselves. No one will see us arrive and we felt it was a massive expense when we really were not bothered about cars at all. We'll get a couple of taxis I expect.

• M
    Beginner November 2015
    MrsNtobe71115 ·
    • Hide content

If we have a car we will be having this one, traditional wedding cars just aren't us!

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

I am also really struggling with this. The church and the venue are less than a mile from each other but do want a car.

Seeing this though I like the idea of the VW van Smiley smile

• lolapickle
    Beginner March 2015
    lolapickle ·
    • Hide content

We're having black cabs for bridal party & red bus for our other guests (wedding & reception are taking place in separate venues)

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

We're not really into traditional cars. Really wanted this but couldn't justify the expense... ?

My dad has said he;s going to sort out a couple of cars for us... But he;s not the most reliable, so within our budget we've seen a nice converted convertible taxi (like a black cab, but in light blue and white) or thinking about a camper van Smiley smile

We really do want a car tho as our reception is about 20 mins from the ceremony.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

We are having a burguny Rolls Royce Phantom III and the BM's and my mum are going in a 1957 Chevy!

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

We weren't fussed so my dad is just going to drive me to the cermony - plus some of my best memories with him are driving round in his car. He will then take me and OH to the breakfast and then to our tattoos. After that we'll just make our own way as it is walking distance.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Our ceremony and reception is at the same venue, plus the layout means that no one would see it anyway. So we are saving ourselves a few quid and my dad will be taking me in his black taxi.

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

I've never really been that bothered about having a wedding car, we're just going to book a couple Addison Lee cars.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

Our church is also less than a mile from the venue so at first I wasn't sure if we should bother but another friend recently married said looking back that 20minutes in the car with her other half was the only time they got alone all day and was quite nice straight after the ceremony. I can imagine it's all a manic blur so really liked the idea of an moment together so we went for a vintage beetle. I managed to get a really good deal and have justified it to myself as the time alone rather than a mile of travel lol x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics