Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Wedding cars and champagne

AFA2B, 25 of July of 2013 at 14:41 Posted on Planning 0 1

At most of the weddings I've been to in the last few years the couples of had a bottle of bubbly in the wedding car when going from the church to the reception and I know that most of these have been provided by the car companies. I've been arranging our timings for the big day with our car company and I asked about champagne since this hadn't been mentioned at any point and they've said that they're legally not allowed to supply it due to licensing laws but it's fine for us to bring our own. Has anybody else come across this?

1 replies

Latest activity by ShropshireLass, 25 of July of 2013 at 15:28
  • M
    Beginner August 2013
    MrsLKing2B ·
    • Hide content

Nope, we're getting married in august and we're having a free bottle of prosecco in the car between the church and the reception venue. It was part of our deal. ?

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

The licensing law prevents them from selling alcohol without a valid licence, however if a car company includes a "complimentary" bottle of bubbly, that's entirely different as they aren't selling it. At least your car company are happy for you to provide your own seeing as they don't include it in their package...I was under the impression this was provided by most wedding car companies though! Must remember to check this when it comes to booking cars!! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics