Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Wedding cars - convertible or not?

Purple Pixie, 15 May, 2011 at 15:53 Posted on Planning 0 4

I'm torn between having a convertible and have a 'normal' car. Convertibles look great in photos and it would be lovely to be able to see everyone (and be seen) as we approach the venue. But, I've seen some great photos taken inside cars and there would be quite a bit more room in there too making it a far more comfortable ride (especially on the way there as my dad is a large bloke).

What do you think?

4 replies

Latest activity by Purple Pixie, 17 May, 2011 at 12:53
  • Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

What time of year are you getting married?

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

The convertible is lovely- I'd be far too worried about my hair to be brave enough to have one though lol

• F
    Beginner May 2011
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Both our cars are convertibles however they have the option of having roof up or wet weather gear!

My car will have the roof up to the ceremony.. if the sun is shining it will come off when we drive off to the reception or maybe not depends on how windy it is! ?

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, I should have said, the wedding's in July, so it's likely to rain ?

For me, it's a trade off between comfort with classicness with the 'normal' car or the fantastic views and photos with the convertible,

la1510 - I said exactly the same thing to the car owner but he said what he quite often does is drive to the church with the roof up, stop just around the corner and take the roof down, and then drive very slowly around the corner so you arrive at the church with the roof down looking perfect.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for bouncing but I'd really appreciate some more opinions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics