Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2017

Wedding cars for bridesmaids!

MrsGtobe2017, 20 of September of 2015 at 19:30 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi,

I'm really confused about wedding cars!

I was shocked by the prices of hiring cars for a wedding and thought that because our church is literally a 5 min journey from my parents I would only get 1 car and let them take the 3 bridesmaids & my mum then come back for me. Then after church I would go in the car with my new husband and sort some other transport to take the bridesmaids on the 20min trip to the reception. I didn't think it was that important after the ceremony how they travelled as our wedding car would be used for photos. However I have just had this chat with my sister who is my moh and she said I can't do that and they need proper transport but I just keep thinking that the few hundred pounds for a second car would be better spent elsewhere.

What have you lot got planned for you bridemaids transport?

Thanks

12 replies

Latest activity by MrsGtobe2017, 21 of September of 2015 at 16:52
  • KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

Do what's right for you.

at my first wedding I organised a normal taxi for mine however that didn't turn up so we had to rely on other guests who had already arrived at the venue dashing over to collect them.

• jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

I'm either having normal taxis for all of us or a fancy minibus so we can go all together. It's one of those things I can't bear to spend the money on.

• B
    Beginner October 2015
    BridgetJonesNoLonger ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting taxis from Addison Lee, I think they are nationwide. They have Mercedes Benz are part of their fleet so they are a little more special.

Good luck

Bx

• R
    Beginner December 2015
    RomanticEmeralds ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is exactly what we are doing. Only really getting a car for some nice photos

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Im still trying to figure out whats best to do. at the moment ive only ordered 1 car for me. TBH i think i might just have the BMs and my mum go in a taxi.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I agree most of us are budget conscious nowadays and this is somewhere you don't need to spend a fortune. You will have pics of you arriving in your car and leaving with hubby but not really bridesmaids. Depending how far you could get your car to make two trips or book them a taxi. Have they all got other halves who will take cars? If so they could travel to the reception with them, with others or again by taxi. I wouldn't be spending on flash bridesmaid transport.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

We had a "wedding" car - vintage Bentley - that took me, my mom, and bridesmaids to the church. The minimum hire was 3 hours. My husband and his groomsmen took a chauffeured executive car. After the wedding, my OH and I took the vintage Bentley and our bridal party hopped in the other car to go to photoshoot/reception. We also struck a deal that the exec car would come by after the reception to take us back to the hotel - and it was heaps cheaper than getting the wedding car back but not as cheap as an uber/taxi.

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content

I agree that booking a taxi for the bridesmaids would suffice. They will be arriving in style to the ceremony, so as you say, I don't think how they arrive at the reception is as important.

Good luck with the planning x?

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm booking my BM's a taxi too - my manager has kindly agreed to drive me in his (very nice) Maserati, and I don't think it's fair to ask him to do three trips!

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

My best man has hired a car so he can drive myself & my dad to the ceremony (he is always late so long running joke is that he'd have to drive me so I know where he is!) and my uncle has agreed to drive my mum, MOH & BM.
    He has quite a nice car anyway and I've been told he's bought ribbons to make it all pretty Smiley smile

I just couldn't bring myself to pay £100's for a car for 2 hours!

• V
    Beginner October 2015
    Vicki2015 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think there is anything wrong with a taxi for the Bridesmaids. As you say it is a lot of money and the last 2 weddings I was a guest at had the bridesmaids in a taxi and a nice car for themselves. Stand your ground and maybe explain to your bridesmaids how much it costs, it might be they haven't realised just how expensive it is X

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsGtobe2017 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone I'm going to stick to my guns and do it as I planned!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics