Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner July 2012

Wedding cars - who gets a ride?!

Wherts2b, 13 April, 2012 at 10:58 Posted on Planning 0 9

I don't need cars for my wedding as getting ready at the venue, but I wanted to organise some for a surprise for my sisters wedding.

Because it's something i've never looked into before, do the bride and bridesmaids go in the car? What about the mother of the bride? And is it all the same car or would I need a couple?

I will be the maid of honour and there will be 2 children bridesmaids

Thanks!

9 replies

Latest activity by IshouldCoco, 13 April, 2012 at 22:51
  • porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

We are just having one for my me, dad, BM and FG. My mum will go in her own car. I would say you would need two as you have more than a car full (inc driver) and if you have two mum may as well get a lift too!

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Traditionally there is a bridesmaid's car, carrying the BMs and mother of the bride, and a bride's car, carrying the bride and her father. BMs obviously leave first so they are there to greet the bride. If the venue isn't too far, you can have one car make 2 trips.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

Oops I forgot about dad! Yes the venue isn't far at all from hotel so could save money and get the car to do 2 trips. thanks girls!

• bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

I only wanted one for me and my dad.

However my mother's bottom lip hit the floor, so they I ended up with two but now we are getting the two to make two trips each and now everyone can get in...and i mean everyone!!! Like my grandmother and FSIL!

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    Bathsheeba ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a half-track to take me to my wedding. ❤️

I collect militaria and the like so it's a dream come true for me that I have a friend who can provide one.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol unlucky!!

I've just been textin her OH and we've agreed a VW beetle. I've found a stretch one though that would fit 6 people so that means sis, dad, me, mom & 2 children BM's could all go together - I think she might quite like that. She hasn't got a big dress either so think it would be ok on the crease front.

Or do I go for the normal beetle and have her and dad come separately after the rest of us?

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!

I've budgeted in this area and only having one car. We're not close enough to the venue for 2 trips so my mum will be driving herself and the BMs and my brother (giving me away) and myself will travel in the hired Rolls. My mum has a nice-ish car that could pass as a modern wedding car esp as going to put ribbons on it the same etc

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Our car is doing three trips.

One for D and best man, then one for the bridesmaids and then the last journey is for me and my mum Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is also doing three trips,

OH and BM, my mam, bridesmaid and our flower girl (our daughter).

Then back for me and daddy

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

2 trips...

Me, Nan, 2 bridesmaids

Groom, best man, Mother in law

Done!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups