Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner April 2024 Cheshire

Wedding caterer gone bankrupt

Becky, 27 of March of 2024 at 17:03 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6
Just heard that our wedding caterer has gone bankrupt - our wedding is 3 weeks away and we've paid them in full.
We didn't get insurance as it was something that just totally slipped our mind when we booked everything months ago.

Any advice on getting any money back?

6 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 15 of April of 2024 at 14:16
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

It depends if they were a LTD company or sole trader. Do you know if the are LTD

• Z
    Quebec
    Ziya ·
    • Hide content

I had a terrible time a few weeks ago, I was convinced on telegram by a crypto investment firm to invest my funds and I did. But I was badly scammed that I couldn't get my funds and my returns or access my account. So I came across a review on funds recovery on Medium and I contacted this guys on, hackrecovery At yandex Dot ru, and with their efforts and services my funds were tracked and recovered. It is not a good experience losing funds while trading Crypto.

• M
    Beginner March 2024 Tamil Nadu
    Monster ·
    • Hide content

As a parent of a child attending Chocolate Kids preschool in Kannivakkam, I can confidently say that it has been a wonderful experience for both me and my child. The school provides a nurturing environment where children are encouraged to explore, learn, and grow at their own pace. The teachers are caring and dedicated, and they use creative and engaging methods to teach various concepts. The facilities are excellent, with safe and stimulating play areas that promote physical activity and social interaction. Overall, I am very pleased with the quality of education and care provided by Chocolate Kids in Kannivakkam.

• J
    West London
    Jelly ·
    • Hide content

considering your wedding caterer's bankruptcy, you might contact your bank or credit card company for a chargeback, or explore small claims court if they were a LTD company, while also seeking replacement caterers for your wedding day.

• Hide content
    View quoted message

That is the reason I was asking if they were a LTD company because if they are then i am afraid it is not very likely they will get anything back unless they used a credit card. I am not totally sure on the normal bank chargeback though in these situations.

As far as I understand it a small claims court will not work as there is no one to claim from if it is a LTD company that now no longer exists.

If they have assets of value then first inline is the taxman then creditors who they owe money to. Sometimes what is left after the taxman has took his full amount what is left is then divided between everyone else so you may get back so many pennies in the pound unless the taxman has taken it all.

• Hide content

I don't think the forum law expert is on here any more who could of given some good advice

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics