Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2016

Wedding cheese cake

Miss-KEM, 3 of February of 2016 at 20:03 Posted on Planning 0 8

I'm a big cheese fan and have been considering getting a wedding cheese cake (the savoury variety)

I don't want to spend a lot as our proper wedding cake is quite expensive and was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

I would've done cheese boards but our venue doesn't do them and I thought this would be something a bit different for people.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ☺

8 replies

Latest activity by Justkeepswimming, 5 of February of 2016 at 23:58
  • M
    Beginner May 2017
    Mrswilltobe17 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not a massive cheese fan but I know many people are so I think it would be a hit! Go for it! X

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Try m&s website. Cheese. Yummy!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Great idea...I am a cheese fan ahead of cake every time!!!!! There are several companies that do this.....which area are you in???

Peter

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Miss-KEM ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm in the north east Peter. Have looked at M & S but was wondering if there were any other options.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Do you have any local cheese makers? We had a little shop near us we got ours from but we had a few options as there is a local cheese company that supply all near us. I would ask local farm shops and maybe even supermarkets as I saw huge rounds of cheese in tesco. You don't need full round either we cut one in four to prop the next tier up and it looked great. Garlic yarg was a huge hit with our guests

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I think that cheese is one of those food products that travels well, so potentially you could source from anywhere via post. Being in Leicester I am lucky in having loads of makers and suppliers close by.

Here' s a shot from a wedding I photographed, hopefully it may give you some ideas on how to build your own DIY.
    own.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

try:

http://www.thecheeseshopmorpeth.co.uk/

Mix and match over 50 cheeses, whatever takes your fancy........best to avoid Eppoisses though as it smells terrible, as runny as hell(although fantastic taste) My wife won't let me bring it in the house!!!!!!

Peter

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Costco do them also check out the cheese shed http://www.thecheeseshed.com/products/wedding-cakes/cheese-wedding-cakes they have a useful tool of cheesecake builder so you can see what it looks like if getting from a local supplier.

The trick with keeping the cost down of them is finding a cheap base such as a nice cheddar (wouldn't put brie at the bottom as it will get warm and soft) or Leicester and do smaller portions of other cheeses.

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I'm having one and I can't wait! I love cheese! Ours is costing a fortune because our venue won't allow us to use anyone other than their caterers for savoury food. But I want one anyway so I'm going to attempt to make my own wedding cake so I can afford the cheese one too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics